Check in May 31, 2014

Options
julieworley376
julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
Morning beautiful people. I don't think I can top Karen's conversation starter yesterday.. I don't think anyone ever will! LOL. Be back in a bit.

Replies

• blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Morning gorgeous!

I have a strong desire to get back on track to day. As the nerds say the force is strong with this one. The problem is, I am hosting game and junk night at my house tonight. Sliders, snacks, beer, wine. I am getting a fruit tray. Going to try and avoid the junk and focus on keeping the company fat and hhappy. Plus, I have a day of cleaning to prepare. My daughter's room alone had got to be worth 500 calories.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Down just a little this week but happy with that as while I managed not to cave in to junk I did overeat each day. Tonight is a tough one for me too, taking DS to his first movie at the cinema then having chinese buffet. Planned as much as I can, staying away from too many battered things and will have water and lots of it. Other than that I plan on enjoying it. The cinema I can handle as I am not that keen on the popcorn they have there! Just hope DH does not suggest getting any chocolate. Hmm may tell him now not to suggest it lol.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday, will check back in on you all when we get back this evening x
  • justme1002
    justme1002 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. It's nice to hear your Saturday plans and how you are prepared to handle the temptations. That is a downfall for me- I need to plan ahead more often. Thanks for the reinforcement that I need to spend some time planning. My goal today is to complete a one mile walking tape. Enjoy your day!
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Not many plans so far. I'm just about to get up and go out to the farmers market, pickup some fresh fruit and salad greens, maybe a delicious muffin for breakfast (no, not flax seed and bran). Everyone is out of the house today so perhaps I will go to a movie.

Whats ever-ones plans to end this last day of May strong? One day left of the May challenge, how are you going to make it count?

I have a nice long walk planned for tonight and I will finely beat Dee on the fitbit leaderboard again since she keeps outstepping me.
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

Today I am off to my Sigma Alpha Iota Alumnae meeting. (A music organization I joined in college, and continue to be active in)

We sometimes go out to eat after the meetings. I just had a nice lunch (salad with chicken) so that I won't be ravenous after the meeting if we go.

Not sure what I'm going to get into this evening. Hopefully not much, I'm still not feeling 100%.

Have a great day friends!

Angela
  • IlluminatedMayhem
    Options
    I know its been a while since I checked in.

My 2-year-old is doing extremely well on her antibiotics even her doctor was surprised at how fast the infection cleared up. She doesn't mind the oral antibiotic but she HATES the eye drops.

When we took her up for her follow up we also did the baby's check up. It was a little late but she did well. She had to get 3 shots plus an oral vaccine so she was fussy the last couple of days.

We're also getting a fridge tomorrow, finally. That will make it much easier to keep healthy food in the house.

Things are stating to get back to normal but I'm exhausted. This was a really tough week.

Oh I also had a non scale victory. Hubby helps me put my bra on. It lasts longer that way. On Thursday, he said, "That was easier. You're getting smaller." That felt really good, especially since i don't see the difference yet.
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hello lovelies,
    Just had birthday lunch out with hubs. My last day as a 40-something. I can't wait to rock my 50's! We are doing some outside chores since we finally have a break from the rain, then I plan to spend a couple of hours in the pool, doing my aquasize routine and then laps, my last Hurrah for the May challenge.

I've slacked off in the exercise routine for the last couple of weeks as tapering to a lower dose of prednisone kicked my butt, so I'm looking at the June calendar and planning my new month of classes and laps and trying to come up with a good at home solution (like a yoga plan) that I can stick to. Once the lake warms up, I'll be in it every day until my bariatric surgery.

Feeling kind of Meh right now... must mean I'm low on caffeine. Happy Saturday, everyone!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey! Well I am happy it's the weekend, it's the last slow time before our crazy sports summer camp stuff starts! My hubby and I walked 3 miles last night, woot! The weather was perfect! We are going out tonight to celebrate our 14 yr anniversary (which was this past Tues) so not sure how well we will do on cals, but we'll also walk a lot so hope it evens out. We have had rain nearly every evening this week, which has put a damper on my walking nightly. I tweaked my back sometime this week, so I didn't want to start 30 day shred until it feels better!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Oh Karen, happy happy Birthday! And Ma I am so so glad to hear your daughter is doing better! Been thinking about you every day but I didn't want to pester you will all you had going on. I am so freaking late getting everything ready for the party. I must have spent 100 on fruit alone. I wanted t i make sure I had options. Lol. A little, ok a lot ticked at the hubs for lack of help, but really, did I expect anything less? Gotta go. Prep and cleaning to do and I really need to shower.
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've been eating so poorly! I've been staying under my calorie goal with the activity adjustment from my fitbit, but I'm eating a lot of junk. I've been really busy and I've prioritized exercising over cooking my own meals, so that's definitely a part of it. I'm trying not to beat myself up about it. LIAMO, right? It's hard, though.

I'm going out with my half-marathoner friend in a bit and she promises to go as slow as I want but I'm still nervous. We'll see how it goes!
  • NorahCait
    Options
    Happy birthday Karen and happy anniversary fpelletier!
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Had a wonderful time at the farmers market. Controlled myself and didn't buy too much, some red leaf lettuce, spinach, peaches, strawberries and cherries. I probably should have stayed away from the muffin, can we say it snuck it's way in my bag. No, i at 3/4ths of it and enjoyed it and will have the other 1/4 for tomorrow. I love the market, the prices are better then my local store on some things, the produce is fresher. I can get outside and walk and feel good about myself. It helps me feel in control. I see all the lovely produce and I ask myself how I ever thought any I was eating in the past was better then this (not that I still don't crave it).

I'll get some work done and then go to the movies, then come home and go for a walk. I just plan on enjoying this day.

2eyc6dz.jpg
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I see all the lovely produce and I ask myself how I ever thought any I was eating in the past was better then this

This is perfect!! RatPat YOU ROCK just look a you go here! I think you are the only male person we have (was going to say member but it sounded kinda rude?) You so rock. I do get the same feeling when I am munching my way through my favorite salad with avocado and grapes, it is so luscious.

Happy Anniversary! fpelletier! Happy Birthday Karen though we will celebrate more tomorrow. I wish I was 49 again.. sigh. My husband loves being 50.

I had a giant breakfast.. it was ridiculous. Had I tracked before I ate it I am pretty sure I never would have eaten that many points. So I had a hummus and breadstick snack before I went shopping and we are having a salad for dinner.. just avocado and some diced ham. I might throw a little cheese on there too.

This morning I was feeling horribly down. Overwhelmed with housework, money worries, shopping needing doing.. I was just feeling really depressed and I think it was because everything is not right NOW and I want it that way darnit! Having got some of the housework and some of the shopping behind me and realizing I can't do a thing about the money situation other than hang in there the way we are.. I feel better now.

I hope you are all having a lovely and fairly controlled Saturday.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is having a great Saturday. Things are slow here. Not getting too many steps in today due to the storms rolling through, one right after the other. You may get ahead today Pat, but you better watch out.....I'll be hot on your tail tomorrow, lol. Between the rain and our horrible financial situation, I've been feeling blah today. You try not to worry but when you're talking keeping a roof over our heads, it's hard not to. Hopefully these rain storms will clear up so I can go for a walk. That always helps my mood. Happy anniversary fpelletier! Enjoy your evening. ....it sounds like you've planned ahead very well. Ma, I'm am glad your daughter is feeling better and that you're getting your frig. Not to mention, the major boost from your hubby. It's always nice when others notice since it's so hard for us to see the changes.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    And blonde, sounds like you have a great plan for tonight as well. Concentrating on the hosting and socializing aspects will really help in keeping yourself on track as does the fruit.
  • NorahCait
    Options
    Ugh. After just saying how I needed to get things back on track, I'm having a TERRIBLE food day! All out of laziness and convenience, too. I was out all day (so farmer's market bao and smoothie), and then the fiance suggested ordering pizza and I ate three slices. I might go out for another walk so I can keep under my calorie goal for the day but I know I'm going to feel like crap tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have to do a bunch of wedding-related things, so hopefully I'll enjoy taking breaks to cook real, healthy meals. And the fiance can eat all the leftover pizza!
  • kaliya89
    kaliya89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The last five days have been terrible. I haven't been exercising that much, and I've been eating way too much, most of it garbage.

But today has been better! I had a big taco salad for breakfast, and then I had black bean and salsa soup for dinner. Then my boyfriend and I went for a big walk around our neighborhood. I did about 2.7 miles in 48 minutes. I'm so tired, but I'm feeling good! This is the most I've exercised in like a week. I still have a thousand calories left to eat once you factor in my exercise calories. It's taken a while, but I'm finally back on track!
  • NorahCait
    Options
    That's great, kaliya!!! Walking is GREAT! I love that so many of us in this group are walking our way to better health.
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness we're at the end of a day that turned into an eating festival. Aaarrgghhhh. It started well, but to "celebrate" my birthday, we had cupcakes and icecream, which turned me into an eating machine and basically made me say, "might as well eat EVERYTHING I want today!!! Once I track it all, I'm sure I'll feel better, but why did I do this to myself? I feel like CRAP, stomach upset, headache, bloated. My body is PISSED. Plus I missed the swim, so I didn't even exercise any off.

Even now, writing this, I'm thinking about the leftover cupcake and frosting in the fridge. If I can make it to bed without attacking them, then I'll celebrate ONE victory tonight. I should toss them, but technically the last cupcake is Jim's. Hmmmm... maybe I'll toss it anyway. And squeeze dish soap over it.

I'm not angry with myself really about having a little birthday blowout; I'm just angry that I can't have a little bit and call it good. Instead, I turn into a raging maniac of sugar cravings and start shoveling in the food. And I KNOW what it does to my body and how crappy I feel afterwards.

Sooooooo.... I think I'll drink an extra 16 oz. of water before going to bed, keep water on my nightstand, drink a lot tomorrow and go for a long swim, and detox from this mess with some glorious fruits and veggies. 'night all!
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Had a nice day overall. Turned a little odd food wise near the end. I decided to go to a movies and foe a treat though I would have a slice of pizza. I looked up the place near the theater and found the calories for a single slice, not bad, so great I can treat myself. That's not the bad part. I had my slice, kept it to one, and enjoyed myself and had nothing at the theater (thankfully the price is such a turn off so thats not hard). Got a call at the end of the movie that my family had locked themselves out of their house and I had to take them a key. They had spent the whole day hiking and my mother was tired so what did she want to eat pizza. She was tired and cranky and that is not the time to say "i've already has pizza today." She would have said never mind and gotten more annoyed. So we had pizza. I didn't go over my calories, i only had two slices, but man that was a lot of pizza. Lets not talk about the fat section of my macros. Had a nice strawberry and cherry salad to finish ti off and make sure I stayed filled though the evening.

Now I truly need to go for a walk.