Where to shop when you're tall?

Options
2»

Replies

• mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    New York & Company! Their Tall jeans always fit me perfectly - I can even buy them online (which i generally can't do for clothes at all)
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I love Express for work pants. Their long slacks are the perfect length for me! (5'10" with long legs). I definitely recommend them. Although if I'm just going for cheap, Target's long jeans are decent.
  • alpacapunch1989
    Options
    I have the hardest time finding jeans long enough, but Levi has 36" inseams for a super reasonable $40 (money's always been an object for me lol I wish I could comfortably drop $200 for a pair of jeans!) I also have found on more than one occasion, name brand jeans for tall women in thrift stores! Just gotta be lucky there, but it's worth a shot if you're into thrifty living.
  • sandtisch
    sandtisch Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    For some retro and cute dresses, tops, and skirts, I highly recommand eshakti.com. Costumize everything for a small to no fee! Only their below-the-knee-length dresses actually end below and not above the knee ...
  • slw5X5
    slw5X5 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has a tall section online. I've gotten a few shirts from there and they totally work for my long waist.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I shop a lot online, but if you're in or close to maintaining I find having a seamstress really helpful. I have the added issue of being really curvy (11 inch difference between my waist and hips) so it can be tough finding clothes that fit me properly off the rack.

My seamstress takes in blazers, tops and dresses near my core area all of the time. If she didn't I would have an unsightly gap in the back area, but it would fit everywhere else.

Regarding pants if I see something I really liked I buy 2 pairs. One pair she would add length from the second pair and the second pair would turn into capri's or shorts. Both pairs sometimes have to be taken in the waist area too depending if they are stretchy or not.

Ahh the joys or being hourglass shaped and tall, but I wouldn't change it for the world. :-)
  • islandblush
    Options
    Long Elegant Legs, Alloy.com, Long Tall Sally, and I have my soft pants made for me at a tailor. I wear a 36/37 inseam. Also for the first two I only shop sales....