Join the June 2014 Challenge!

Options
davemunger
davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
Welcome to the MFP runners' Team Challenge! Each month we set running goals and then track our miles and encourage each other to keep it up. Check in here for

June!

To join us, all you need to do is visit the spreadsheet below and record your information on the first tab. The second tab tallies the results.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkmK3myW0PepdDVHeFNVMWRieHh4VXk5ckxudm0tOEE

To get started, you need to enter your name and your GOAL for June. Let us know in the comments if you have any difficulties doing this. Then, enter your mileage each day. Everything should be automatically tallied on the second page of the spreadsheet -- please DON'T edit the second page!. Let us know if it's not working and we'll fix it!

Important: Enter your name/goal at the bottom of the list; we'll sort it periodically. It doesn't work to add a name to the middle!

*** Spreadsheet:

As usual -- to refresh the spreadsheet -> click the refresh :happy: button on your browser, or try CTRL+R then CTRL + F5 a couple of times if you are using the Windows OS, or replace the CTRL key with Command key if you are on a MAC, or, Command+R and then Command+Shift+R on a MAC. We will try to update this a few times each week, or you can always visit the Google Doc spreadsheet to see the latest!

( --- refresh browser for latest copy --- )

June:
June_MFP.png

May:
May_MFP.png

Replies

• davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I'm still limited to 40 miles per week due to participating in a running study. However, I'm starting with a marathon on June 1, so my goal for the month will be 190.
  • RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Just finished a marathon...Recovery time for me, so I guess I'll do...gawd...I don't know....maybe 125? Yeah, lets start with that. lol
    Ok. Yes, lets to that.
    Linda
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking 150. Kinda arbitrary, but I dunno what this 50k on the 7th will do to me :laugh:
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    160 should be doable for me, assuming my pesky achilles agrees. Work travel coming up again...this may help keep me on track!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I am going to shoot for 65
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    160 for me. Shouldn't have to push too hard to reach it.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    After failing to make it for 2 months in a row, I'm going to set my goal to 105 again. That will make it my biggest month of the year. I actually have 140 on my schedule for June, so hopefully I'll be hitting that!
  • EEfromJersey
    EEfromJersey Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Shot for 125 in May will fall short so i'll go again but 150!!!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I am going for 120 in June. I hope to do more.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Dave, please add me I'm going for 125 Miles in June under Mala (runner475)
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Strange how I don't know about this.... Anyway, I'm shooting for 110 for June as i figure out my schedule.
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Going with 165, the total suggested by the RunThisYear calendar from Running Hutch. :bigsmile:
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    The heat in Florida derailed my May goals. June will be even hotter with more thunderstorms. 90 miles.
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Training plan says 135 for June, so that's what my goal is.

That'll be a new all-time monthly high (and if everything goes well, it will be the first of 5 straight months with new monthly highs).
  • julie_emma1
    julie_emma1 Posts: 146
    Options
    Shooting for 100 miles again this month!
  • mitchyinge
    mitchyinge Posts: 196
    Options

only just started running regularly again and May will be about 55 so this should be a safe goal
  • crosstraindylan
    crosstraindylan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    i'll shoot for 100!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I will do it again. I will shoot for 160 this time.
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm in for another 200:happy:
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I am coming off an injury and starting fall marathon training mid month I am going for 110 miles this month.