Join the June 2014 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Didn't log everything for April and didn't log at all in May. Aiming for 100 miles this month - great running weather these days!
  • actlc
    actlc Posts: 84
    Options
    in for 100.
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I missed last months goal of 100, mostly because of post marathon ITBS.

Hoping for 75 for June. My kids are out of school, and it's making it hard for me to get out for a run.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Well, I did run 26.2 on Sunday, even though the race was cancelled. Back in recovery mode!

I updated the spreadsheet as well.

Keep moving, everyone!
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am not going to 'officially' enter the challenge this month. Just finished the Comrades Marathon on 1 June (56 miles).
    I am in recovery mode. Since it is now winter in the Southern Hemisphere I am going into hibernation for a couple of weeks and will only run again when I feel like it.

I will come and post a link to race report once I get of the couch and write it. ;)
  • davemunger
    Options
    I am not going to 'officially' enter the challenge this month. Just finished the Comrades Marathon on 1 June (56 miles).
    I am in recovery mode. Since it is now winter in the Southern Hemisphere I am going into hibernation for a couple of weeks and will only run again when I feel like it.

I will come and post a link to race report once I get of the couch and write it. ;)

Wow, congratulations! Impressive.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

Wow, congratulations! Impressive.

Yes indeed, wow! Congrats!

And Dave, super impressive to run the 26.2s even when it was cancelled!
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    A little late but I am in too. Trying to get my miles back up so will try to get 75 this month.
  • davemunger
    Options
    Nearly a week in and folks are starting to put in some serious miles! Updated the spreadsheet today. Keep it up everyone!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I need to enter my miles. I forget to do it at home and I can't access the spreadsheet from my work computer nor my phone.
    What I did this week so far:

Date Miles today. Miles for June
    6/1 - REST DAY - 0
    6/2 - 8.5 miles - 8.5
    6/3 - 10 miles - 18.5
    6/4 - 8 miles - 26.5
    6/5 - REST DAY
    6/6 - 4 miles - 30.5

Edited: I finally got it to work on my phone. nevermind. I added my stuff to the bottom of the list.
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    For those who are interested I posted a race report on: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/marikevr/view/comrades-2014-666950
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Still on track for my goal of 105, but I dropped some miles relative to my plan. I cancelled my track work on Thursday after working late Wednesday night and having to meat my parents for an early lunch (celebrating their 43rd anniversary). Yesterday, I just did the 5K instead of the planned easy 6 miles. Today, I was on for 10, but decided 8 was more reasonable (still over 1/3 of weekly mileage).
  • RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I finished May at 205 miles not the 198 that is on the spreadsheet. For some reason it didn't take. I went over goal by 5 miles.
    I went right back into marathon training, so I put down 185 for the month. Marathon is in September.
  • davemunger
    Options
    I finished May at 205 miles not the 198 that is on the spreadsheet. For some reason it didn't take. I went over goal by 5 miles.
    I went right back into marathon training, so I put down 185 for the month. Marathon is in September.

I just hadn't posted the latest spreadsheet here. The spreadsheet itself is automatic, but the image that appears here on MFP has to be added manually by me. So May is up to date, and now June is too. Great job, everyone!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Do I dare to ask? Do treadmill miles count? I hadn't ran the thing in months but succumbrered due to thurderstorms in the area this morning.
  • davemunger
    Options
    Do I dare to ask? Do treadmill miles count? I hadn't ran the thing in months but succumbrered due to thurderstorms in the area this morning.

Yes, the treadmill counts as long as you are running on it! We draw the line at walking (sorry -- but there are other challenges for that).
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    ha ha ha, boy I'm slacking this month. I've got 11 days to do 100 miles. I *do* have a 6 hr run tomorrow night so that should get me 30, but then 10 days to do 70 miles! eek!
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    ha ha ha, boy I'm slacking this month. I've got 11 days to do 100 miles. I *do* have a 6 hr run tomorrow night so that should get me 30, but then 10 days to do 70 miles! eek!

I was just thinking the same, though I have 10 days to do 57...hmmm....
    92109 Posts: 209
    Options
    Starting today! Thank you for the challenge and spreadsheet.
  • davemunger
    Options
    Sorry for the lack of updates, everyone. Everything should be up to date now. Just a couple days left in the month, let's finish strong!

I am off my 40 mpw study so I've crushed my initial goal for the month and still have 20-miler planned for tomorrow. July should be even bigger!