Motivation for Exercising

Options
1013carl
1013carl Posts: 376 Member
This is a Daily Issue for many of us.... Any Insight, Routine or Ritual you use to get and keep you motivated, is worth sharing!

Best regards,
Carl -

Replies

• Cereceresl
    Cereceresl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    One thing I do when I don't feel like exercising is just put my exercising clothes and I automatically start wanting to do something, like I said this works for me, hope it would work for you.
  • 50sthenew30
    50sthenew30 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ok, just wanted to post this up b4 going to work. Not been a real big fan of diets as I like my food. Believed in exercise and enough of it will burn anything off.
    I joined Friday and started on slimming world as directed by my good wife. Never went hungry over the weekend and have only done 4 walks with the dogs max 10 miles over the weekend.
    Result is I am down 3.6 lbs. Yes I know its early days but somethings working. :)
  • 1013carl
    1013carl Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    My main workout is walking the ramps in the parking garage at work.. up and down the inclined ramps.

What I do on a normal session is equivalent to climbing up and down14 stories. I'm a pretty disciplined person so I really never miss a workday.

When "I don't feel like it", I actually double up, and that adds another 12 stories (26 total).

Guess what? No bad attitude or mental complaining the next day! ;-)

Also, now after being at that for 5 weeks now, I'm normally doing the doubled sessions almost daily... It turned into a great payoff!

Carl -
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am a person who is borderline obsessive with schedules....I sometimes find that if I don't make to do list that I will fail to meet some goals. With that said, I use my handy-dandy work calender to make a workout schedule every month. I print a copy of it and hang it on my fridge and then every day that i complete the designated work, I put a smiley face over the day...if I miss, I put a strike X over it. I HATE looking at the Xs, so that motivates me to at least do something. My current boggle is that w/ summer arriving (and summer school, t-ball practice, and day to day life) I have note really been sticking to my work outs (no matter how many Xs I see) because I feel like I can't fit them in and still run the household!! UGH!! But now I have something to do in my downtime at work....figure out a way

I really liked the idea of changing into work out clothes even if you don't really feel like working out, thats a really good strategy!!
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    For me I simply know how much better I feel. Especially now that I'm getting back in to an actual routine. For me, I discover that if I don't do something, I actually miss it. Being in Southern California it's rare that the weather will preclude any type of workout - except maybe heat in the summer. I get a tad obsessive about at least getting my walk in daily. I have a scheduled workout 3x's a week at the park right down the street from my house which is great and that really helps. I play golf usually every Sunday with hubby and we normally walk 9. I'm going to miss that the next 2 weeks with him gone so I'm guessing I'll be on my bike. I also love to garden and anyone who doesnt think that burns calories has never seriously gardened.!

Now where I probably am different from a lot of folks is I am NOT a morning workout person. I will be up at 5am and at my desk by 6:30 but I much prefer to workout later in the day. I have always been that way since I was a kid playing tennis. it works for me and I sleep better.

Now I better get some work done or I wont get out of here in time for workout tonight!