Getting those 8 Glasses of Water Daily

Options
1013carl
1013carl Posts: 376 Member
What's your secret to getting your Daily Water Consumed? Knowing could be helpful to others that are struggling!

All related discussions are welcome! Let's help each other meet this daily challenge as well!

Best Regards,
Carl -

Replies

• AKMonahan
    AKMonahan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this follows the "rules" of water consumption, but I use it. I swear by herbal tea - nothing added, no sugar, no milk. Just steeped herbs in hot water. (Usually camomile or Celestial Seasonings bengal spice) Hubby and I can easily drink 3 - 4 cups of herbal tea each while watching TV before bed, so that's where at least 1/2 our water comes from.
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I used to carry around a gallon jug everywhere I went. I'd fill it each morning and if it wasn't empty by the end of the day I'd drink it all. Also I make sure to drink a couple of quarts first thing in the morning. It's amazing how much better it'll make you feel.
  • IzzyRoseDixon
    IzzyRoseDixon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have an app 'Water Your Body' where I can keep track on how much I have during the day. Using this I have little targets for myself like making sure I have had 36oz by 10am, 72oz by 3pm and then my full 112oz by 7pm (otherwise I don't sleep properly as I'm constantly getting up to go to the loo :D).
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I drink 8 oz when I first wake up which helps start the day right and I swear improves how I feel. I bought a water bottle that is 16oz that I pre-fill the night before and take to work. I just ensure that I finish that along with my morning water . I always have to fill up my water bottle but I dont stress if I dont drink the entire second one. I drink a lot of tea as well
  • Starlet72
    Starlet72 Posts: 29
    Options
    Might sound funny and it a little more expensive however, when I buy bottled water I buy the small 8fl oz bottles. I can easily drink a bottle of that all at once. I find that when I purchase the larger ones, I leave the water sitting around forever before I finish it. On the other hand however, I can easily pick up a second small water and toss it back (go figure).

Also, since I like to drink protein shakes I can easily make one as a meal with a banana and strawberries, Once I do that, I have to add 16-24 oz of water :)
  • hirstrl
    hirstrl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I always have a 23 oz bottle of water in the freezer. i take it with me every where i go. i drink it as it melts and add water to it during the day. if i run out of ice i swap it for another one. i only drink water or unsweetened tea daily with the occasional sugar free Red Bull a couple times a week if i need a kick or i have a diet soda or other beverage if we go out to dinner . i even swapped out my morning coffee for hot tea in the am.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time I didn't drink nearly as much water as I should. My last round of weight loss which was about 20 yrs ago, I learned to drink it with alittle lemon. I also drank out of a lot of water bottles vs glasses - mostly because I was exercising. Now, I drink water all the time. Always have a bottle with me - these days it's the reusable kind vs plastic. For some it's just getting accustomed to drinking water. If it's water itself that's the struggle vs quantity - maybe try lemon or we have been experimenting with some combinations at work including - cucumbers, strawberries, mint and even did alittle basil with the cucumbers - that was pretty tasty and no, it was not a martini! lol
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I work for a company that manufactures soft drinks such as Coca Cola and Lucozade, we have our own natural springs and there are various sample points throughout the factory, I just fill up a 500ml bottle at one of the sample points 3 or 4 times a shift.
  • 1013carl
    1013carl Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I do a combination of what bizgirl and starlet do...

I drink 8 oz when I first wake up (1) which helps start the day right, I feel better as a result too.

I also buy the small 8fl oz bottles. I can easily drink a bottle of that all at once. I keep a few in the bedroom and some other living areas. When I see them I grab them….

Sometimes I drink half of the 16 oz bottles when I first wake up (1) and am getting ready for work… cap it and leave it for the evening when I get home… I walk out of the house with a new full 16oz and sip it down (2 & 3) on my drive into work.
    At work during mid-morning, I go to the water cooler… We have 12 water cups… I fill one almost full and then drink it (4) right there. I fill the cup again and take I to my desk…. I drink it (5) within an hour.

I repeat during mid-afternoon the trip to the water cooler, Drink a cup (6) standing there… and take one back to my desk… Drink it (7) within an hour.

When I finish the first bottle I started when I’m home at night, that makes (8)….

Carl -
  • JessaAnn407
    JessaAnn407 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    For me, it's as simple as making sure I drink one of my water bottles, which is 32 oz., every two hours. So that makes it so I meet my water intake. Some times I have to flavor it with lemons, cukes, berries, ect. I find that straight water, all day every day makes me sick of it. That would have to be my biggest problem.
  • rezekiel
    rezekiel Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I start my day with water. I drink ~1.5L at breakfast, half before, half after and I do that with each meal. Plus evenings and during workouts.