Question on Low Carb Days

Options
breesie11
breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
I'm hoping there are still some people on this board that are active and help me out. I just want to know what you eat on low carb days. In the book it says it should be 1,200 on low carb days and I am eating 5 meals with protein, veggies, and fat and I cannot make it to 1200.

Replies

• tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have some cheese or almonds with my meals, 09.00 omelette with ham, veg & cheese, 12.00 salad with chicken, dressing and shaved cheese or sliced almonds, 15.00 greek yogurt & almonds and 18.00 protien with stir fried veg with a small bit of olive oil. I find it hard to stick to 1200 cals a day, its more like 1300 - 1400.
  • mamacita903
    mamacita903 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    adding fat to veggies is a great way to meet calorie goals. Sauteeing vegetables in some olive oil, raw baby carrots with some dip, celery with peanut butter, etc. Also, not sure if you mean 1200 net and are eating back exercise calories (if so, this is good) or if you are only eating or struggling to meet 1200 calories plus exercising on top of that. I don't know your stats but in Chris' book (the newest one) he specifically addresses not going over a 1,000 calorie deficit. Online calculators are all over the place but I would say a safer low end range for most (not all) women trying to lose a significant amount of weight would be 1400+.