An odd question for you ladies

Options
Padzster
Padzster Posts: 75 Member
An odd question perhaps, but has anyone else found it difficult to shave armpits properly since lifting? Where the armpit was flat when I put my arm up it now dips in like a cup. Although I'm liking this change I'm finding it hard to shave there properly. Does anyone have any tips?

Replies

• sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    No advice, everything's still flat here :ohwell: Good job with those pecs! :love:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    OMG yes!!! I thought it was just me... I started having them waxed, so much easier. Less pain than cutting myself.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    here's my tip.. put your arm you are shaving up in the air. now bend your forearm at right angles so your hand is in front of your face but your arm is still raised. Take your thumb, and hook it into/against that tendon on the inside of your armpit. Push/pull so it stretches it and this will give you much better flat access/surface to shave.

in next week's lesson, how to suck eggs! hope that wasn't too patronising ;)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    here's my tip.. put your arm you are shaving up in the air. now bend your forearm at right angles so your hand is in front of your face but your arm is still raised. Take your thumb, and hook it into/against that tendon on the inside of your armpit. Push/pull so it stretches it and this will give you much better flat access/surface to shave.

That's quite the acrobatics in the shower lol... Just get waxed, so much easier.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Hah! I've had this issue since losing weight, not sure lifting has done much of a change. But I actually have a razor that doesn't tear through when I use it upside down, so that's how I manage to get everything. Also, bringing my hand behind my head all the way to the shoulder blade helps flatten it up (similar to what lwoodroff described I guess, just sounds simpler in my head lol)
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    it's less complex than it writes! it's how my mum taught me when I was a teenager.. and not in the shower, over the sink (so at least you have a mirror to look in!)
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that this is something that other people struggle with... no advice from me unfortunately.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't noticed this. Going to see if it dips the next time I shave hahaha
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Yup this is what I do too...they should make the razors smaller..

I would wax but that requires growing it out a bit..I am a bit ocd about my underarms.
  • amylahminute
    amylahminute Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I want your problem! (I've always wanted an armpit cup.)

I've taken care of the underarm area with 6 treatments of laser hair removal (so worth it to me). Before that, I was into waxing anyway. My hair is coarse and thick, and stubble just was not a good look for me there.
  • Padzster
    Padzster Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Thank you for that, it works! So simple, how did I not think of it myself??? Got the smoothest pits I've had in ages!
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    yay!!

I've had the laser treatment on my upper lip, which has definitely made a difference although not 100% better. :)