Summer Weight Loss! :)

Options
Hi! My name's Becca and I am trying to lose 70lbs. I would love to meet some people who are also trying to lose weight during this summer. For me, it's harder to work out during the summer because it's so hot out and I just want to stay home with the A/C and the 5 layers of shirts "hiding" my body. But I really want to lose the weight this time and I would love to have support from others. Hopefully, with enough people, we can set workout challenges for the whole summer. Please let me know if you're interested! :)

Replies

• blkandredenvy13
    blkandredenvy13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Becca, my name is Sidra and I am also trying to lose weight this summer. perhaps I should have started back in January to have a beach body by now, but better late than never. I am trying to lose 50 pounds or more. I have been on a 1200 calorie diet, but mostly lean foods. Lots of raw spinach and broccoli. Put a light dressing on it with a lean protein. I usually put tuna on mine, but sometimes a boiled egg works great with it or grilled chicken. I also love red kidney beans and chickpeas so those go well in a salad too. I started running and walking 2 weeks ago and just added hiking on the weekends. I like to run at night when its cool outside. I walk mid days. and hiking is mostly in the morning time. Different times of the day makes me do something different. I am not going to lie. I sometimes cheat a lot, but when I do, I just burn the calories by exercising. Add me if you like for a summer weight loss buddy.
  • las2013
    las2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Laura and I'm 22 (23 on June 10th!) and I would like to lose 50 lbs as well! My sister is getting married in 5 weeks and I'm the maid of honor and I want to look good because I'll be seeing family I have not seen in years and I'm embarrassed of the way I look. My problem is motivation. I am generally happy with who I am as a person so I use that as an excuse to eat too much and not get up and exercise. Obviously I won't be able to lose 50 lbs in five weeks but I would love someone to be my buddy(ies) too! Just being held accountable is something I need.
  • beccaco94
    beccaco94 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Sidra! It sounds like you've got some great ideas and routines about working out outdoors. Every time I've tried to lose the weight I stick to an indoors gym, but your way sounds more fun. I'd love to exchange ideas about workouts if you're interested. I tried starting in January too, but of course, gave up after two weeks. Anyway, I'd love to have the support :) Thanks! :)
  • beccaco94
    beccaco94 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Laura! I definitely understand where you're coming from regarding motivation and needing to be accountable to someone. Sometimes, I feel like I have no will power (pretty sure I don't actually :)) Anyway, I'd love to be weight loss buddies. What do you guys think about setting up weekly workout challenges? I think it'd be fun. We could set a goal and talk about it at the end of the week. Maybe take pictures of yourself doing the workouts and share? Let me know! :)
  • samanthafinnie
    samanthafinnie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    I am very similar to you both. I started a while back and once i hit the -5lb mark i stopped and went back to my old habits and gained it all back! I am currently eating low carb, and high protein and have been running/walking everyday (if not twice a day). I have also been doing a 30 ab challenge on Facebook-- its day 5 and i already want to die!! I hate sit-ups! I really need a weight loss buddy to keep me on track and motivated. So feel free to message me or add me as a friend!! I would be up for challenges as well!