Roll Call! (Introductions)

Options
Please take sometime to introduce yourself to the other members. The more active and interactive the group, the better the support we can give each other.

Name/Nickname:

Goal(s) for the Challenge:

Action Plan to meet Goal(s):

Interesting Fact:

:smile:
HgH

Replies

• HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Name/Nickname: HgH

Goal(s) for the Challenge: Walking/Jogging for AT LEAST 30 minutes a day (also incorporating healthy eating)

Action Plan to meet Goal(s): I will make time during the day to walk/jog for 30 minutes a day. I will be proactive by planning my meals ahead of time and taking into consideration the amount of food I am eating. I will encourage myself by marking each day off on my calendar!

Interesting Fact: I created 21 Days after watching a show called "21 Days and Afraid." I figured, it takes 21 days to form a habit, to make a change in your daily routine; why not challenge myself? I first started with my eating. 21 Days of ONLY fruits, veggies, beans, rice, and nuts. I cut out all WHEAT, GLUTEN, and MEAT. I ended up losing 8lbs in 21 days. After the 21 days I decided to incorporate meat back into my diet and have a moderate amount of wheat. I then realized that I changed my eating habits, why can't I change my activity level? I decided to create the first "21 Days: Running For Our Lives" challenge last year Nov. 2013. Before the challenge, I disliked working out and running. After the challenge I lost another 5lbs and found my love for running (Keep in mind I kept to my "healthy" eating as well - that is KEY)! I teach during the school year and have little time to dedicate myself to MFP, but SUMMER is finally here and I am always up for challenging myself :smile: So, that is how this is our 2nd Annual 21 Days: Running For Our Lives Summer Challenge came to be !

HgH
  • beckylou66
    beckylou66 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Name/Nickname: Becky

Goal(s) for the Challenge: There is a 5k walk or run on June 20th. This sounds like the perfect way to make my way to it. ****** To like and truly enjoy fitness/running/walking at the end of this*****

Action Plan to meet Goal(s): 30 minutes of walking or running everyday. Also, I would really love to try the mini-challenges as well.

Interesting Fact: Turning 40 at the end of the summer and would love to make a serious change in my life before then and keep it going throughout my 40's.
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Name/Nickname: Becky

Goal(s) for the Challenge: There is a 5k walk or run on June 20th. This sounds like the perfect way to make my way to it. ****** To like and truly enjoy fitness/running/walking at the end of this*****

Action Plan to meet Goal(s): 30 minutes of walking or running everyday. Also, I would really love to try the mini-challenges as well.

Interesting Fact: Turning 40 at the end of the summer and would love to make a serious change in my life before then and keep it going throughout my 40's.

Welcome to the challenge!