METFORMIN

Options
DevSanchez
DevSanchez Posts: 314 Member
My GP recently put me on 1500mg of metformin daily. I'd like to know of anyone who has had success with this drug, and what type of success? Please let me know! I hope it will help me!

Replies

• archuvs
    archuvs Posts: 9
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years back - typical symptoms of weight gain, inability to lose weight, no periods for one whole year, facial hair etc. I was 28 then. We were told that we wouldn't be able to conceive naturally without treatments or IVF. Well....a few months on Metformin 1500 mg, I had lost close to 30 pounds of weight and found myself 5 weeks pregnant when I went for my regular ultrasound and annual checkup. I stopped taking Metformin during my pregnancy and never went back till now.

I had my son with no complications (other than gestational diabetes) and now, after 4 years am back on metformin for being unable to lose weight. I am on the Mirena IUD now so definitely not hoping for pregnancy!!!
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    For me, it has helped my hair loss tremendously and also re-started my completely non-existent cycle. I got pregnant on it and took it for the first trimester.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I posted on your thread in the public forums. I have been on it since February and lost 7 lbs. I'm considering the possibility of trying a keto diet in combination to see if I can speed up the progress.
  • kgibbz
    kgibbz Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just recently started Metformin, infact I am not even up to the full dose yet. Still taking 1000mg. I look forward to hearing about others' success.

I have lost 4 lbs in my two weeks on Metformin. Unsure if it will stay off since I can't keep anything in my system. I just started my first cycle on Metformin so I can't really speak on that. I am not on BC and started my period on cycle day 38.

I am cautiously optimistic.