NSV

Options
garber6th
garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
I went to the movies over the weekend. I hadn't been in ages. Last time I went, I still had to lift up the armrest so that I wasn't all wedged in the seat. This time - I actually fit comfortably in the seat! I looked at my friend and said, Hey, look! I fit! It was a pretty good feeling!!!

Replies

• GraceByMySide
    GraceByMySide Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!!!! That has GOT to be a great feeling!!! They are so uncomfortable! At least the armrest lifted where you go!! Ours are made smaller by the gallon size cup holder on each side. Gee, I wonder why people end up overweight!! LOL

Thanks for the inspiration, today!!

~Emma
  • garber6th
    Options
    Yay!!!!!! That has GOT to be a great feeling!!! They are so uncomfortable! At least the armrest lifted where you go!! Ours are made smaller by the gallon size cup holder on each side. Gee, I wonder why people end up overweight!! LOL

~Emma

You are so right about the gallon size drinks, not to mention the huge buckets of popcorn. I always bring a protein bar in case I get hungry, but I scoped out the snacks just to see what was there and there was really nothing much there that I could have worked with, except maybe a hot dog if I skipped the bun, but it would have to be very dire circumstances for me to eat that!! :-)
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I always get a large water when I go and drink it throughout the movie, my husband and I lift the armrest between us so we can snuggle! So thrilled that you didn't have to move the arm rest'. Awesome!
  • mlocket777
    Options
    That is so AWESOME! Congratulations!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options

~Emma
    My theaters sell 32oz Dasani waters that fit perfectly in the giant cup holder. All about choices :)
  • garber6th
    Options
    [/quote]
    My theaters sell 32oz Dasani waters that fit perfectly in the giant cup holder. All about choices :)
    [/quote]

Exactly! Choices, and being prepared!
  • GraceByMySide
    GraceByMySide Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You are so right about the gallon size drinks, not to mention the huge buckets of popcorn. I always bring a protein bar in case I get hungry, but I scoped out the snacks just to see what was there and there was really nothing much there that I could have worked with, except maybe a hot dog if I skipped the bun, but it would have to be very dire circumstances for me to eat that!! :-)
    [/quote]

LOL... True! Their snacks are terrible. I saw a news report about a man who was kicked out for eating strawberries that he brought!!! Can you imagine!! He clearly stated that they had nothing for him to eat, yet they wouldn't let him stay for the movie! They later apologized to him. Wow!! They make enough money, I'd think!

But I was referring to the cup holders that are part of the armrest. They are HUGE receptacles for their HUGE soda. I end up with a bruise on my legs just from those uncomfortable seats!!! It will be awesome to be slender enough to not have them beat me up every time I go!!! :happy:
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the Movie seats - I agree that this is a big, tangible, NSV! I also bring in a protein bar to snack on but avoid the drinks so I don't have to run out and pee. I can see where bringing in fruit or other obvious foods will draw attention but don't think a proten bar in the dark will draw attention.

If challanged I would hit them with an "ADA" claim about "reasonable accomodations" for an onging major medical condition that I am in treatment for.