6 MONTHS POSTPARTUM AND PREGGO AGAIN!!

Options
crystalirene12
crystalirene12 Posts: 58 Member
I just found out I am pregnat and I have a 6 month old!! Yikes! I am really excited though still in shock. And on top of that I just finally got in my pre-pregnancy pants... boo on that.
Here's to baby #2. Anyone else have close babies? Any words of encouragement?

Replies

• lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Our little girl turns 6 months this Wednesday 6-4 and we're talking about trying again very soon. From the ladies I've spoken with (including my mom as my brother and I are 17 months apart) I understand "it can be hell" for a little while. Then it's absolutely wonderful. Some have different experiences, of course, but that's the general consensus. It seems the people that have had the hardest time with it are those who are on very fixed scheduled with their kids.

My mom said she often thought of my brother and I as twins. So he did some activities "late" and I did most activities "early" but we both turned out ok. She also said where my two brothers (I have one that's 7 yrs older than me as well) had fixed nap times I never did. She left it to me to pass out when/where I needed to since we were always on the go. At 5 weeks old I was out on the boat, not long after that I was taken on bike rides. So my brother and I had a lot of our "firsts" at the same time because when he was ready, I went along. The other thing she said was with each child it got harder to nurse since nursing is harder on the go (of course, I think things have gotten better in terms of nursing in public). She thinks I'd be fine with 2 under 2 as I'm pretty laid back.

Happy Pregnancy to you!!
  • crystalirene12
    Options
    Thank you so much. I will possibly still be a working mom... so the schedule thing wont be as complicated except bedtimes. But just the whole idea of 2 under 2 is so crazy to me!! I am super excited for the challenge though!!
  • melbwhite
    melbwhite Posts: 16
    Options
    My 2 youngest (girl & boy) are 14 months apart. Yes, it's challenging and its really like having twins ( at least to me). I was scared to death when I had a four month old and pregnant again! You will have your moments where you think you can't take it anymore, but then the waters calm and you find your rhythm. There is never a dull moment in your life, but they are all worth it! They are really close with one another, play together well and will grow up best friends! Enjoy it! Congrats!
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    I am just pregnant with my first, but my brother and I are 17 months apart. I can say that it was great growing up. I always had my best friend with me, and we are still bffs to this day! I loved having a sibling so close.

My mom on the other hand...lol I actually think she really liked it! Although, it got pretty expensive when we all started graduating high school and going to college within a year of each other.
  • papagal212
    papagal212 Posts: 93
    Options
    congrats! my sisters had all theirs close in age and they said it was challenging but now they are older and they are growing up wonderfully. My sister actually has irish twins LOL (2 under 1) I cant imagine that!! My son is 16 months old and I'm 9wks pregnant. I felt that this was going to be craazzy. lol Baby will be born few weeks before he's 2. eeeek
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I also have not had this experience, quite the opposite actually as mine will be 8 years apart.
    But, my sister and I are 18 months apart and I always wanted to have my kids close in hopes they would have close relationships like I did.
    My sister has 8 kids ages 11 and under. While I think she is a little crazy, I love seeing the relationships in that family. They all get along so perfectly and the baby is catered to and adored like crazy by all her siblings.
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My brother and I are 12 months apart.. My mom says it was quite the surprise to find out she was pregnant 3 months after giving birth to me! She says it was a lot of work but at the same time my brother potty trained when I did, learned his "ABCs" and "123s" with me so there are a lot of nice things about it too! My parents didn't try to rush him or push him, he just picked up on things when they were teaching me :)
  • saintpaulJess
    saintpaulJess Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm due next month and have a 14 month old, so they'll be 15 months apart. And after a 12 week maternity leave, I will be returning to work as well. I'm sure it will be a challenge at first, but it will also be fun to have two so close together! As far as being pregnant with a little one, it wasn't bad until these last six weeks when I've been super uncomfortable and am now on bed rest. It's definitely do-able though!
  • crystalirene12
    Options
    thanks ladies. Ya'll feel free to add me!!
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have 2 weeks left til bubs is due and both my children will be 15 months apart. It will be exhausting and a handful but totally worth it.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I do not have this experience. I'm 11 weeks pregnant with my first and probably only. I'm 35 and I feel like I will be done after this as it took us a very long time to get here.

Anyhow, I think you will be ok. My MIL had three boys under five. She survived. LOL.

You will do great! You will learn how to deal with things.
  • roxyj0mar
    roxyj0mar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My baby is 7.5 months and I am 9 weeks pregnant with twins. I was already nervous about having another because my baby was a preemie, and also having another so soon. Then I found out it was twins, pretty much freaking out ever since.