Weight history

Options
dt3312
dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
I'm wondering what others' weight history has been like, if you'd be willing to share. My answers in parenthesis.

1. How much did you weigh in your 20s? (127 pounds)
2. How much is the most you've weighed (not including pregancies) (165-170)
3. How much do you weigh now (138)
4. What is your goal? (130-133)

I am just under 5'4", medium build (I asked 2 of my doctors) but my shoulders are very broad---two sizes bigger than the rest of my body. I took a sewing class and the teacher took my measurements and figured this out. When I sew, I can adjust the pattern accordingly. To fit my shoulders in store-bought blouses and jackets, I often need a size 16 or womens XL.

Replies

• screwmenopause
    screwmenopause Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    good question....but sad when I think about it - lol

I am 5'6/5'5 (shrinking...)

20's = 120-125lbs
    Pregnant = 172lbs
    Before MFP = 165 (been on it 2 weeks)
    Today = 156lbs
    Goal = 140-142lbs
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    In my early 20s I was about 125lbs. In my late 20s I was 255 or more lbs. Pregnant I was about 210lbs tops. Since my early 40s I have been gradually losing weight. I have been as low as 130 (too low for me) and as high as 179 in the past 10 years. I currently weight about 158, striving for 148. I am 5'4", normal build but muscular.
  • sab1157
    sab1157 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So, do not want to answer this, but, need to stop fooling myself. Here goes.

Height. 5' 5 1/2"

1. 20's - 125 lbs.
    2. Pregnant: 165 lbs. Not pregnant 160
    3. Weight now: 159 lbs (yikes!)
    4. Goal: 140 lbs.

What the hell happened these last 30 years. :sad: lol. A few years ago, maybe 5, I really was careful with my food choices and intake. Lost down to 145. Sure is difficult to get back on track. I never had any issues with weight gain until I hit my mid 40's. My dream weight would be 135. Now that I am fully retired and we travel a good bit, keeping my food choices/intake seems to be more difficult. My resistance is non existent. lol.
  • Nillalis
    Nillalis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i been loosing and gaining several times and my best attempt at that was around age 25-29.

height 5'4"

At age 20 i think i was about 160-175 and then i did a huge effort at diet and exercise so at 28 i was 139 then pregnant and weight started to build up

At my max i was 207 and was up and down 10-15 pounds trying lots of different diets that didn't last

Now I'm 147 up and down depending on day

Im not sure where my goal is but for now its 143 (65 kilo) but when i reach it i might reevaluate to 139 (63 kilo) or even less i don't know. all i know is that it has to be realistic for me to eat and exercise at a level that maintains it without feeling as its giving up to much to stay slim.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 so my goal weight is 160

20's - 155
    pregnant - 200
    Hw - 214
    CW - 196

My weight has mainly stayed around 160 to 170 until the past 4 years. Due to stress eating and menopause lurking at my door I have continued to gain. I finally decided it was time to stop being depressed about my weight, age, life etc and take control.
  • SlimTerri57
    SlimTerri57 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    20's = 120-125lbs
    Most= approx ( didn't weigh) 205
    Pregnant = 168.
    Before MFP = 179(been on it a month but was dieting before)
    Today = 173.4 lbs
    Goal = 125-130

I'm 5''5" tall and have a slight structure. So, weighing what I have has been painful. Pain is a great incentive.
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    1. How much did you weigh in your 20s? 118-125
    2. How much is the most you've weighed (not including pregancies) 154, max pregnant 152
    3. How much do you weigh now 152
    4. What is your goal? First goal is 140, second goal is 132

I am 5'5 1/2 with a small frame
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Still 5'8' with a small frame
    1. In my 20's 125 lbs
    2. heaviest 169 lbs
    3. presently at maintenance 130-135 max range. Prefer to keep it 132. So far, so good. Wouldn't mind more toned inner thigh/less hanging skin there. OK, I know it's not REALLY hanging and the muscles are toned underneath... just seems that way to me - I miss my 20 year old skin elasticity. :cry: lol
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    1. How much did you weigh in your 20s? 110-125 except while pregnant and just afterward
    2. How much is the most you've weighed (not including pregancies) 178, max pregnant 170
    3. How much do you weigh now 158
    4. What is your goal? First goal is 140, would like to be around 135 but that is probably not very realistic.
    It has been much harder to lose and KEEP IT OFF the last few years.
  • Peppah7
    Peppah7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    1. How much did you weigh in your 20s? (125 pounds)
    2. How much is the most you've weighed (not including pregnancies) (165)
    3. How much do you weigh now (158) I think it is still higher that\n my pregnancy weight
    4. What is your goal? (140-145)

I am 5'8" and just can't seem to lose, my battle is to maintain. I exercise 1 hour at least 4 times a week, usually 5. My eating isn't terrible, always room for improvement. I don't have problems committing to an eating plan, but I guess I am struggling finding my sweet spot to lose (hopefully fat). My current settings are at 1250 calories for 1 lb per week loss, but in reality it is more like 1 lb a month. A more significant loss would be so encouraging & would help me stay the course. My last loss was about 5 years ago, I lost 10 lbs over about 6 months, but they have creeped back on! :noway:
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    1. How much did you weigh in your 20s? (125 pounds)
    2. How much is the most you've weighed (not including pregnancies) (165)
    3. How much do you weigh now (158) I think it is still higher that\n my pregnancy weight
    4. What is your goal? (140-145)

I am 5'8" and just can't seem to lose, my battle is to maintain. I exercise 1 hour at least 4 times a week, usually 5. My eating isn't terrible, always room for improvement. I don't have problems committing to an eating plan, but I guess I am struggling finding my sweet spot to lose (hopefully fat). My current settings are at 1250 calories for 1 lb per week loss, but in reality it is more like 1 lb a month. A more significant loss would be so encouraging & would help me stay the course. My last loss was about 5 years ago, I lost 10 lbs over about 6 months, but they have creeped back on! :noway:

Hi Peppah. That is similar to what I went through last year. It took 10 months to lose 13 pounds. I used a trainer once a week, did some weights with him and 2 other days (not really heavy) and did cardio (zumba and step) 3xweekly. I used the 1200 net goal and was frequently under. It was so frustratingly slow! Sadly I stopped going to the gym after my mom passed and then gained it all back in a year. This year am starting over so I am back to a cleaner diet and working out again. This time i have upped my calorie goal to 1450 on regular days and 1600 on heavy lifting days. I am doing a heavy lifting program 3x a week and then zumba 2 or 3 times a week. I am hoping this will change things up. So far after 7 weeks I have become stronger but haven't seen a big fat loss yet.
  • screwmenopause
    screwmenopause Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    . A more significant loss would be so encouraging & would help me stay the course. My last loss was about 5 years ago, I lost 10 lbs over about 6 months, but they have creeped back on! :noway:

I find it's an 80/20 rule. 80% of our success comes from how/what we eat and only 20% comes from the exercise we do.
    I feel I can exercise until I am blue :grumble: (or red :mad: ) in the face, but unless I closely watch what I eat I don't lose.
    hope that helps a little.
    It is such a battle....LET'S FIGHT IT TOGETHER!! :wink:
  • Peppah7
    Options
    Ari,

Sounds like you have a great plan. Do keep me posted. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Peppah7
    Options
    I find it's an 80/20 rule. 80% of our success comes from how/what we eat and only 20% comes from the exercise we do.
    I feel I can exercise until I am blue :grumble: (or red :mad: ) in the face, but unless I closely watch what I eat I don't lose.
    hope that helps a little.
    It is such a battle....LET'S FIGHT IT TOGETHER!! :wink:
    [/quote]

Totally agree that eating is key! Yes, keep fighting & thanks for the group Jill!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    1. How much did you weigh in your 20s? (120 pounds)
    2. How much is the most you've weighed (not including pregancies) (238)
    3. How much do you weigh now (172)
    4. What is your goal? (140-150)

Years ago, I could lose weight by just eating less. Now I HAVE to exercise...which is no fun. But I have to accept that age has its drawbacks....sigh.... :)

I think I am 5'6" but I haven't checked my height lately....I may have shrunk. I believe I have a small frame if you go by the wrist rule. :)
  • akh1981
    akh1981 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    1. How much did you weigh in your 20s? (130 pounds)
    2. How much is the most you've weighed (not including pregancies) (210)
    2b. How much is the most you've weighed (including pregancies) (220)
    3. How much do you weigh now? (182)
    4. What is your goal? (145)

When my son was a year old, I got down to 145, and was a size smaller than I had been at 130 before he was born. So, I'm using that as my goal, not my lowest weight.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    1. How much did you weigh in your 20s? 99-100lbs

2. How much is the most you've weighed (not including pregancies) 160 lbs following my 1st back surgery in 2003.

3. How much do you weigh now? 119 lbs (maintenance)

4. What is your goal? 120lbs.