meal ideas

Options
emsi3
emsi3 Posts: 4 Member
I'm trying to move towards a low carb diet and I need ideas on what to feed myself. I was shocked to see some of you under 50g of carbs a day... i have no idea how to go about that. I average about 200 carbs a day.

if anyone is already on one and would like to friend me so i could check out their food diary i would much appreciate it.

Replies

• swinnie239
    swinnie239 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I've only been doing it a couple weeks and flubbed a few days. I'm trying for 50, but generally end up with between 50 and 60.
    Really missing the carbs and days 3-7 kinda sucked, but trying to do better now.
  • silveropes
    silveropes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    my goal is 40% carbs currently but i will eventually go lower and lower since i am just starting out. I usually get anywhere from 50-120 in a day. Since saturday when i started calculating hehehe.

I've done spaghetti squash lasagna, tacos in lettuce cups, tortillia less soup, burgers wrapped in lettuce, tuna wrapped in lettuce.

I'm eating like 1-2 slices of bread a week. I'm just trying to cut the high carb veggies and rice, and crap bread. only time will tell if it works
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    My diary is open as well. I'm going for 25% carbs...I haven't looked to see what grams that is... I know the fruits I can eat are strawberries and apples (most berries are good and I forget, there is another that was recommended to me) but I had to nix the bananas and melon. It really helped cut out a ton of carbs, even though they were fruit carbs because the were high GI. I do hummus, lots of cheese, lettuce wraps or salads, or I bread meats (pork, chicken) and then bake or pan "fry" with cooking spray, cut our high starch veggies as often... I don't really know. I haven't thought overly much about it. When I do stir fry, I only have 1/2 a cup or less of brown rice. Sometimes if there is enough meat, I go with no rice. (haven't braved the cauli-fried rice yet...don't miss it enough). I LOVELOVELOVE Joseph's Lavash Flatbread wraps. 90 calories each (use like a tortilla, bread, or pizza dough), and they have flaxseed in them, so net carbs is like 9 or something... Feel free to look at my diary or message if you have more questions.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Oh, and as far as lettuce wraps, etc., I always use romaine. Less than two dollars for 15-20 "leaves." I've been told that butter lettuce is awesome for this, as well, as it is really thick bendy leaves - and hearty. Don't know prices on it...
  • emsi3
    emsi3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice! i changed my macros to 25%carbs 35%Fat and 40%protein which comes to 93g of carbs a day.

this is so hard for me cause i LOVE bread.. any kind. i guess i'll limit the bread to 2 slices a week