Plateau-ing?

KassandraBBB
KassandraBBB Posts: 8 Member
Anyone else have this problem? Every time I get down to around 144 lbs, my body wants to stay there. Even when I did eventually go down to 137.8 lbs, as soon as I ate the littlest thing, my body shot back up to the 140's, even if it was a healthy meal.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    I have to really shake things up to hit a brick wall like that. Change up the types of foods you are eating (if you are eating one type of protein more, drop it for a while, add one you don't eat as often, etc.). Same with carbs - switch up your fruits/veggies, whatever. Sometimes you have to jolt your body to wake up and make a change. Also, remember, that a lot of times it takes two weeks of consistency with a new change to see the true impact...so trying something one day or one week may not be enough to see the impact. Also, try to change only one thing at a time so you can see which item is making a difference.
  • KassandraBBB
    KassandraBBB Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    'I'm constantly up and down with my weight since I have trouble being really strict with my diet. ;( Boo. I'm hoping some other people will have some advice since I don't. lol
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    How tall are you? If you're on the taller side, then the low 140s might be your body's natural set-point (which, if your profile pic is recent, it looks like that'd be about right).

Even if you feel that you still have body fat to lose, then you might be going about it in a way that isn't the most efficient. At this point, I recommend focusing less on a number on the scale, and more on body composition. In other words, get into strength training, the more challenging, the better. Building muscle will help increase your metabolism, which will help you lose the rest of the excess fat, and it will help you get a lean, compact body that can rock a bikini like no other.

Check out this -- http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/ (seriously, go read it. If nothing else, look at the before and after pictures)