Need VSG friends

Options
fabulessmommy
fabulessmommy Posts: 40 Member
Hi ladies and gents! After struggling with my weight for many years I've decided to have VSG surgery. My surgery date is set for 06/03. I need friends that have been through the same thing and can help me through this process. Look forward to getting to know each of you.

Replies

• ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    I sent you a request! My vsg was 3/18, but my husband is having his the same day as you.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies and gents! After struggling with my weight for many years I've decided to have VSG surgery. My surgery date is set for 06/03. I need friends that have been through the same thing and can help me through this process. Look forward to getting to know each of you.
    Feel free to friend me my dairy is open. VSG 11/2013
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My surgery won't be till September. I'm fairly new on here and always open to making to friends. Feel free to friend me.
    Welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • Watson_20
    Watson_20 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello fabulessmommy,

I had my VSG surgery done 06/08/2010 and doing great. I know you'll do great too. Feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • ratrita2
    ratrita2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had mine June 2013. Feel free to friend me! More support is good for everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    sent you a friend request!
  • Cinzano1959
    Cinzano1959 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Mine was on 25th march, lost now inv pre op diet 52lbs now, still have another 80lbs to go, but very happy
  • JxAAA
    JxAAA Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery on March 17th, the BEST decision I've ever made. Good luck with your surgery tomorrow, don't be surprised if you have immediate buyers remorse after surgery, I think most do. Just remember the first few days are the worst of it (and it wasn't even that bad looking back) it will only get better each day. Time will fly by and those first couple of weeks after surgery will soon be a distant memory, soon you'll have much more energy and living your life and enjoying small victories week after week.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery! I had my surgery Feb/2011. I am usually lurking behind the scenes. I'm new to this board also. Give me a shout any time. The more the merry.
  • Ashl3yOh
    Ashl3yOh Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm looking to add friends on here too! Sleeved May 12, 2014. Feel free to add back :)
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Everyone is welcome to friend me. I had VSG in July 2013.
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    How did your surgery go today? My husband is feeling good after his this morning. He as very sleepy most of the day, but is now up and moving well and hopes to come home tomorrow.
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, glad to help out.
  • buckeyemama614
    Options
    Good luck, I sleeved 9 weeks ago! Glad that I did
  • cleveraccident
    Options
    I'm brand new to the VSG surgery as well; my date is 6/12 and I'm scared to death but completely ecstatic that its finally happening. I really need ideas for what you did on your schedule for the 2 weeks post op! How did you get in all of your liquids within 24 hours when you can only get a few drops in at a time? Such a big project!
  • sjd06e
    sjd06e Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi all, I was just sleeved this past Friday and am new to this whole app. Feel free to add me and show me the ropes!

A little about my procedure/progress for those of you who haven't had your procedure yet: I am 25 years old and had my sleeve performed at the hospital I work for. I was in the hospital for two nights, the first night for me was the worst but I was amazed at how quickly I felt better, especially after walking around. The worst pains for me were honestly the gas pains from the air they use during the surgery, but again, walking helped a great deal with that. For the first night, I could suck on ice chips so I was on IV fluids for about 24 hours total. The nausea was intense as well, but that is normal and only lasted a day or two for me.

I was discharged after 2 nights and am now home doing well. I am still on full liquids, and I really can't handle much more than that. Getting the required fluids in sounds more difficult than it is...just keep a bottle of water with you constantly and whenever you glance at it, take a baby sip. I've noticed my new tummy is a little sensitive to ice cold drinks so I stick with room temp water, or even warm water/tea/broth is very soothing.

First post op is next Wednesday, so we will see what my surgeon says. I have already lost about 12 pounds since surgery.

Take care everyone!
    Sam