Shapewear

Options
Anyone out there have any recommendations for shapewear for the wedding? I need something that's really going to flatten my tummy in my strapless dress....

Thanks!

Replies

• andreajaeger89
    Options
    I would go to target and buy some "Assets" Shapewear. Is from the creator of Spanx and it seems just as nice its just a little cheaper. I have two different pairs of shapewear and the are both for tummy control. I have found that the assets don't seem to ride down while my maiden form one sometimes will roll down. Are you planning on wearing a strapless bra? They make ones that actually attach to your bra to prevent them from rolling or falling down, which I would suggest. My best advice though would be to go to a store and try a bunch on. They all feel different and fit different. Some are tighter than others and some are thicker material than others. My assets are thin material and really comfortable, but I have found my maiden form which is a thicker fabric can be too tight when I am sitting down. Happy shopping and congrats on your upcoming wedding!
  • Luvs_Rage_Phish
    Luvs_Rage_Phish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I would go to target and buy some "Assets" Shapewear. Is from the creator of Spanx and it seems just as nice its just a little cheaper. I have two different pairs of shapewear and the are both for tummy control. I have found that the assets don't seem to ride down while my maiden form one sometimes will roll down. Are you planning on wearing a strapless bra? They make ones that actually attach to your bra to prevent them from rolling or falling down, which I would suggest. My best advice though would be to go to a store and try a bunch on. They all feel different and fit different. Some are tighter than others and some are thicker material than others. My assets are thin material and really comfortable, but I have found my maiden form which is a thicker fabric can be too tight when I am sitting down. Happy shopping and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Thanks! I'll check them out next time I'm at Target. Didn't realize they were from the same people who make Spanx...
  • robingoblin
    robingoblin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have some of those Assets and they REALLY work!! Not miracle workers, though - but they certainly smooth everything out. I've never tried spanx themselves, though.

Sort of related -
    My tailor recommended not wearing a bra, but I kind of wanted a little bit push up oomph, especially since my upper half is shrinking since I've been running.... Do they add push up cups into the dress?
  • Luvs_Rage_Phish
    Luvs_Rage_Phish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My tailor recommended not wearing a bra, but I kind of wanted a little bit push up oomph, especially since my upper half is shrinking since I've been running.... Do they add push up cups into the dress?

Is your dress a corset back? Those naturally provide the support to lift.

Otherwise - most seamstresses can sew in cups to a dress so I don't see why they couldn't do that with push up cups...