June Challenge

Options
electriq
electriq Posts: 359 Member
As promised, here is a thread for the June challenge/goal share

Monthly challenges are a great way of breaking down your goals and feeling part of a community at the same time. The general idea is that there are no rules, you set your goals for the month be they exercise or weight loss or healthy eating or something else and then we check in with each other once a week with how we are going. Our final check in is on the 1st of the following month when we can reflect on our outcomes and hopefully celebrate!

That all said my goals for this month are...
-Loose 2kg (4.4lbs)
-Run 90kms (56 miles)
-Swim 16kms (10 miles)

What are yours?

Replies

• Chelsea_O
    Chelsea_O Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Goals:

30 push-ups a day, every day. Aiming to do full, perfect push-ups by July

30 sit-ups a day, every day.

Lose 7 pounds within June

Stay below 75 carbs, and 25 sugar everyday

=D
  • thoughtaling76
    thoughtaling76 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My June goals are : walk 100 miles, weight training three times a week.. I would like to lose 5 pounds this month!!!
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    mine's a simple one: get to 150 lbs from my current 154.2. it's only four pounds so i'ma work my butt off!
  • Saratini76
    Saratini76 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My goals are to lose at least 5 pounds, to start weight lifting, and to increase my biking to twice a week.
  • electriq
    Options
    Awesome goals everyone!
    I look forward to seeing how we each progress.
    Anyone else want to join before we get too far into the month?
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Am a little late but I'm in. My summer challenge is a lb a week til my holiday in late August. Am off to a good start as I lost a couple of lbs last week while away on holiday. Good luck everyone
  • Saratini76
    Options
    My goals are to lose at least 5 pounds, to start weight lifting, and to increase my biking to twice a week.

So excited!! I've already met the first one! 8 pounds gone! Woohoo....another one bites the dust! :drinker:
  • KimCiarra
    KimCiarra Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm late to the party but my goals for this month are:

Walk 80 miles
    Lose 4 pounds

The walking one is going to be difficult but I'm determined to find the time to do this.

Good luck everyone!
  • Saratini76
    Options
    I am setting a second goal for weight loss.....at least another 4 pounds.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Drop 10lbs... do cardio 5 days a week and start strength training at least 2x a week...
  • electriq
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    How are you all going with your goals?

After one week I am feeling pretty good with where I am at...

-I've lost 0.8 of the 2kg I'm aiming for this month
    -Run 28km/90kms
    -Swam 1.7/16kms

Yay!!
  • Chelsea_O
    Options
    I've lost 3 out of the 7 pounds

The last night of May when I set the push-up and sit-up goal I did 20 push ups and felt great.... the next morning I couldn't lift my arms. It didn't get better until a few days ago so I guess that goal may have been unrealistic for me. I'll probably start doing push-ups and sit-ups again on a smaller scale.
  • electriq
    Options

The last night of May when I set the push-up and sit-up goal I did 20 push ups and felt great.... the next morning I couldn't lift my arms. It didn't get better until a few days ago so I guess that goal may have been unrealistic for me. I'll probably start doing push-ups and sit-ups again on a smaller scale.

I highly recommend the runtastic push up and sit up apps (and the squats one actually)
    they give you increasing sets to do, I started back in february doing about 10 push ups spread into 2 3, 3, 2 or something like that.
    Now I am doing 96 in total 32,22,18,14,10 so its really a great way to build up and get stronger

great job on the 3 lbs!
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    congrats one the progress, guys :drinker: it's inspiring <3

i'm about halfway. i have exactly 2 lbs to go so i feel like i got this :smile: i'm debating starting couch to 5k as well.
  • b_ray_73
    b_ray_73 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Late to join but here's my goals:

Drop 5 lbs
    Get my DL back to pre-injury weight (255lb)
  • Chelsea_O
    Options

I highly recommend the runtastic push up and sit up apps (and the squats one actually)
    they give you increasing sets to do, I started back in february doing about 10 push ups spread into 2 3, 3, 2 or something like that.
    Now I am doing 96 in total 32,22,18,14,10 so its really a great way to build up and get stronger

great job on the 3 lbs!

Thank you! I never knew what runtastic was but it sounds like its' exactly what I need!
  • electriq
    Options

great job on the 3 lbs!

Thank you! I never knew what runtastic was but it sounds like its' exactly what I need!

I think its technically another running site but i have that covered already with nike+ and mapmyrun so just use it for the apps which are fantastic. you can start out with the free version for level one and then if you like it upgrade to the pro version like i did. let us know how you got on
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Another lb for me and keeping consistent with the gym. Happy with my progress.
  • electriq
    Options
    Welcome new comers!
    Great that you have joined us

And awesome job everyone who has posted success updates, looks like we're doing very well.

This is my second update
    So far in June I have...
    -Lost 1.5kg - nearly at my 2kg target and hope to surpass it
    -Ran 54.6km of my 90km goal, woo!
    -Swam 8.3km of my 16km goal

Feeling pleased
  • electriq
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I thought I'd do my weekly check in today as I may not have time tomorrow.
    Hows everyone been doing this last week?

My weeks been ticking along well...

-Lost 3.3kg - I've surpassed by 2kg goal and still have more than a week left, woo!
    -Ran 77.8km of my 90km goal,
    -Swam 11.8km of my 16km goal