Anyone up for a Weekly Challenge?

Options
ashmarie8722
ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
I need some accountability and motivation this week. I seem to get really busy with work, and forget about eating, or eat to procrastinate.

I thought it would be great to get a group doing some challenges and have some good conversation and motivation.

My goal for the week starting tomorrow 13 March, Is to log everything. If you go over fine, but noticing how much of what is going into your body is a good first step. Anyone want in or have a different challenge they would like to try?

Replies

• kitkatbar972
    Options
    I've been doing well with logging everything since I started so I think my goals for this week will be to eat back only 75% of my exercise calories and to be within 10g of my protein goal daily.

I'd love for this to become a weekly thing :)
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Nice. Sounds great! I have also noticed, that I don't eat enough protein. Something I honestly never thought of. Way to go!
    I would love that too! I do so much better, with some accountability :)
  • brittk2013
    brittk2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm game for challenges. I do monthly workout challenges with a group of my friends that at least get me active.

I've been logging everything for 2 1/2 months so I'm good on that. I've been working on drinking enough water because I can easily go all day on a cup or two tops if I don't make a conscious effort to track it.
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Hey Britt, Welcome!

I find that monthly challenges alone, let me lapse in the middle ;) So I usually have a few different goals at the same time.

How do you drink your water? glass, disposable bottles?

Water, can be a killer. and I had a tough time with it until I got a camelbak water bottle that I love, its a little over 3 cups, so 3 of them a day and I am good.
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Alright Ladies. So today was an okay start. I went over but logged everything! Yay! I also, got up and went for a run this morning.

So for tomorrow, I will keep logging for my weekly goal, and eat less.
    I emotionally ate today, usually isn't me, but today it was. One step at a time.

How about you ladies? You have a good start?
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Day 2: Logged! Still over today, but logged. I did get all my water again again today which is a win too.

How are you ladies doing?
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    First day under 1200 calories, and logged everything!! I also had 11 glasses of water. and started c25k :) this week is going great! anyone else?!?
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Today is the last day! and tomorrow starts a new week, how did you all do? I did really good logging, and even started hitting my calorie goal and exercising. i am actually scared to weigh in tomorrow, because I am afraid i won't see any progress. On the upside, I have had two people in the last couple weeks tell me they notice my weight loss, and they didn't even know I was trying to :)
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    This sounds like something I could use :]

I really struggle with making time to exercise. I hate getting up early to exercise before work, but after work it just feels like there are so many other, more enjoyable ways to spend my time. I'd be down for a workout challenge if you guys would be :]
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Absolutely, what were you thinking, I do my c25k program 3 times a week, so far that has been every other day. What is your goal for the week?

I also want to keep up my water intake and keep logging.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Mainly I just want to exercise at least 4 days a week, and I want to make better food choices. I have terrible willpower XP Although I do a great job on water! I typically get 8 cups a day, give or take.

What's c25k? Is that couch to 25k? Because I've heard that mentioned at my work.
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    SO WEEK 1!! Logging successful! Also did well with water and started the C25k!
    Succcessful 4.5 pounds down. now 2 of those pounds were water weight from before. on Feb 12 I was 167 and had gone back up to 170 and now I am back down :) Success! how about you ladies?

Well then Lets make this week, one where we work out 3 or 4 times this week.

Better food choices happen, one day at a time, even one meal at a time. So what do you say in addition, we Check in every night, with our food choices? or How we feel about the choices we made that day. Makes you more accountable to have to say it, to someone else.

it is a Couch to 5k. So it is a fitness program that helps you go from not running to running a 5k in 8 or 9 weeks. This is my first week so for example I have a 5 min warm up then alternate running 60 seconds and walking 90 seconds for 20 min then a 5 min cool down. This progresses over the weeks obviously, if you have a smart phone there are apps you can use while you run with timers.
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Check in tomorrow! I don't know that I am ready for it. I did work out, and logged, but i have been sick the last few days. :(
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    So week 2. I got sick the last few days, and didn't log because i thought getting what i needed to get better was more important. i don't disagree but this week was a stalemate even though, I did work out. So on to the next week. I am feeling much better today, and Will start tomorrow fresh and on track.
    3 work outs, 8+ glasses of water and logging. I know it is a simple day by day goal but it helps me. :) anyone else?
  • blkandredenvy13
    blkandredenvy13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I work 2 full time jobs so squeezing in a work out is hard. Depending on what time of the day I am not at work, will depend on the type of activity i participate in. If I get out by 10 or 11 PM, I will go for a 2 mile run. If I get off around 4 or 5 pm, I will enjoy a long walk since it can get pretty hot and muggy around that time. But if I have the morning off, then I prefer hiking. Water seems to be my biggest challenge too. My doctor actually yelled at me and said my body is dehydrated.
  • samanthafinnie
    samanthafinnie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So what is the challenge for this week?
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Hey Samanthafinni, no one really participated with me so, i stopped doing this post. i joined a couple monthly groups instead.