Since I plan on sticking around I'll introduce myself

Options
ketoandbarbell
ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
My name is Darcy, :flowerforyou: I am married with 3 kids. Almost 15, 10 and 15 months. I work at home as a massage therapist for 2 hours a day after my husband gets home from working his business. Been doing that for 17 years, man i feel old now.

I've been on MFP for over a year. Lost 58 lbs so far, first with just calories restriction since I was a new mom breastfeeding. Dropped easily till Mid November. Jan 1st i started to workout. I was running before i got pregnant so i started with that and some Jillian video but she bores me when it is the same thing over and over. Started to lift technically on April 22nd using aquarium salt. :tongue: Then for mothers day i got a rack and weights so now I can progress more. I still like to run 3 days a week but that is hurting my knees. So i think i need to drop back time or days. My knees feel better after i get some squats in though.

I want to drop another 10-15 lbs so i am on a deficit. Bodymedia told me i was averaging 2700 for the last month i was using it. So i am going off of that unless i drop to many days of running. I eat about 2300 a day.

Would love to have more friends that lift and that can eat. I am tired of the ones that net under 1000 a day. :grumble: So feel free to add me!

Replies

• jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm doing Strong Curves, but did SL for about a year or so and stick around here. I also eat between 2000 and 2300 calories dependent on my workouts.

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Lifting is addictive! I love that you got a rack and weights for Mother's day. That's awesome!
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been doing SL for a few months, but I'm still playing (always will be I'm sure lol) with my deficit amount and lifting routines, but I always eat at least 2000 cals/day. Friend request sent!
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hi, Darcy! Welcome to the group!
  • Gen2703
    Gen2703 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi again :)

GREAT job on the weight loss so far! Friend request sent. I love your profile pic btw, your back looks awesome!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group of awesomeness. :happy:
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Aaaand totally late to this party! not sure how this thread slipped my radar all day, but a mighty fine welcome to you! :)
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you! I also started MFP after having my last baby. She's 3 now! I did Stronglifts 2 years ago and last fall switched to 5/3/1, and just recently started Strong Curves, but I still hang out here for the excellent advice & inspiring ladies.

Oh! I also use a Bodymedia and not afraid to eat, though I'm only 5'2" so my intake is a little lower (usually, ha!).
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome

I've been doing SL for 9 months almost, really loving it.

Recently switch from 5x5 to 3x5 for time (it being summer and all)

I have recently hit goal and working up to maitenance as we speak so this week I am eating 1900 a day...aiming for 2100...or more depending on my activity level.

Looking into doing 5/3/1 starting this fall just to change things up a bit...

and I am late to the party too...sorry...:flowerforyou:
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Well, we are already on each others' FL but welcome to the group! :flowerforyou: The women (and occasional men) in this group are awesome!
  • amylahminute
    amylahminute Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hello, Darcy!! I'm new here too. :)
  • Star_1234
    Star_1234 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi Darcy,

Welcome to the group!

Everyone here have been so helpful and always ready to answer any Qs or offer support! Amazing group!
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Hi Darcy! Welcome :)
  • ketoandbarbell
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome! I am super excited to see what changes will be made for my body in the next few months. I already noticed a difference in the first month progress pics i took. :smile:
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    OP is already on my friend's list and I can vouch for her awesomeness :flowerforyou:
  • ketoandbarbell
    Options
    OP is already on my friend's list and I can vouch for her awesomeness :flowerforyou:

AWWW shucks! :blushing:
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am slowly building up my FL with lifters too! :flowerforyou: