Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Since I plan on sticking around I'll introduce myself

ketoandbarbell
ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
My name is Darcy, :flowerforyou: I am married with 3 kids. Almost 15, 10 and 15 months. I work at home as a massage therapist for 2 hours a day after my husband gets home from working his business. Been doing that for 17 years, man i feel old now.

I've been on MFP for over a year. Lost 58 lbs so far, first with just calories restriction since I was a new mom breastfeeding. Dropped easily till Mid November. Jan 1st i started to workout. I was running before i got pregnant so i started with that and some Jillian video but she bores me when it is the same thing over and over. Started to lift technically on April 22nd using aquarium salt. :tongue: Then for mothers day i got a rack and weights so now I can progress more. I still like to run 3 days a week but that is hurting my knees. So i think i need to drop back time or days. My knees feel better after i get some squats in though.

I want to drop another 10-15 lbs so i am on a deficit. Bodymedia told me i was averaging 2700 for the last month i was using it. So i am going off of that unless i drop to many days of running. I eat about 2300 a day.

Would love to have more friends that lift and that can eat. I am tired of the ones that net under 1000 a day. :grumble: So feel free to add me!

Replies

• jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Welcome!

I'm doing Strong Curves, but did SL for about a year or so and stick around here. I also eat between 2000 and 2300 calories dependent on my workouts.

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Lifting is addictive! I love that you got a rack and weights for Mother's day. That's awesome!
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Welcome! I've been doing SL for a few months, but I'm still playing (always will be I'm sure lol) with my deficit amount and lifting routines, but I always eat at least 2000 cals/day. Friend request sent!
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Hi, Darcy! Welcome to the group!
  • Gen2703
    Gen2703 Posts: 197 Member
    Hi again :)

GREAT job on the weight loss so far! Friend request sent. I love your profile pic btw, your back looks awesome!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Welcome to the group of awesomeness. :happy:
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Aaaand totally late to this party! not sure how this thread slipped my radar all day, but a mighty fine welcome to you! :)
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Welcome to you! I also started MFP after having my last baby. She's 3 now! I did Stronglifts 2 years ago and last fall switched to 5/3/1, and just recently started Strong Curves, but I still hang out here for the excellent advice & inspiring ladies.

Oh! I also use a Bodymedia and not afraid to eat, though I'm only 5'2" so my intake is a little lower (usually, ha!).
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Hi and welcome

I've been doing SL for 9 months almost, really loving it.

Recently switch from 5x5 to 3x5 for time (it being summer and all)

I have recently hit goal and working up to maitenance as we speak so this week I am eating 1900 a day...aiming for 2100...or more depending on my activity level.

Looking into doing 5/3/1 starting this fall just to change things up a bit...

and I am late to the party too...sorry...:flowerforyou:
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Well, we are already on each others' FL but welcome to the group! :flowerforyou: The women (and occasional men) in this group are awesome!
  • amylahminute
    amylahminute Posts: 613 Member
    Hello, Darcy!! I'm new here too. :)
  • Star_1234
    Star_1234 Posts: 123 Member
    Hi Darcy,

Welcome to the group!

Everyone here have been so helpful and always ready to answer any Qs or offer support! Amazing group!
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Hi Darcy! Welcome :)
  • ketoandbarbell
    Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome! I am super excited to see what changes will be made for my body in the next few months. I already noticed a difference in the first month progress pics i took. :smile:
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    OP is already on my friend's list and I can vouch for her awesomeness :flowerforyou:
  • ketoandbarbell
    OP is already on my friend's list and I can vouch for her awesomeness :flowerforyou:

AWWW shucks! :blushing:
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    I am slowly building up my FL with lifters too! :flowerforyou: