Cravings after having baby

Options
haffykhat
haffykhat Posts: 18 Member
I never had any cravings during pregnancy and gained 20lbs. I was slightly overweight when I got pregnant. However now I am 4 months pp and craving sweets sooo much. I also feel hungry all the time. Any suggestions about how to overcome this?

Replies

• lj3jones
    lj3jones Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    are you breastfeeding? It could be your body telling you that you aren't eating enough.
  • haffykhat
    Options
    Yeah I am bf, and I do eat a fair bit.
  • AnnaBibi3
    AnnaBibi3 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 3 1/2 months PP. I had strong sugar cravings too. A registered dietician friend of mine suggested eating protein when I was craving sugar. It has worked, most of the time.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Yes, my breastfeeding cravings are much worse and weirder than anything during pregnancy. And when hunger hits, it's intense. I didn't want stuff like ice cream during pregnancy, but I sure do right now.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Yes, my breastfeeding cravings are much worse and weirder than anything during pregnancy. And when hunger hits, it's intense. I didn't want stuff like ice cream during pregnancy, but I sure do right now.

^I pretty much second all of this :)
  • CBertrand08
    Options
    I still crave what I craved when I was pregnant....sliced jalapenos and krispy kreme donuts. LOL I stay away from the latter of the 2. I also was hungrier when I was BFing...and I think it's because you burn more calories and metabolism is a bit higher. My best friend is experiencing the same thing now. I'd follow the advice of eating more protein to counteract the sweet tooth you're experiencing. :)
  • haffykhat
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Will try to inc my protein intake.