Exercise

Options
ajbloorface
ajbloorface Posts: 1 Member
Hi, I have been an IIH sufferer for the past year, I was on Diamox but got taken off it and was told to continue with Nortriptyline to try and reduce the headaches. However, the Nortriptyline made me extremely tired and as a student nurse I just couldn't cope with the tiredness all the time. So know I am trying to lose weight, exercise and try and get this IIH to subside or at least to reduce the symptoms. I only have a couple of kilos to loose as im borderline overweight, my problem isnt the eating but its trying to exercise regularly even if I feel awful. I was hoping someone had some tips on exercise or success stories to motivate me a bit more?
Thanks! :)

Replies

• nmdreamer
    nmdreamer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I also feel awful and in constant pain as well. I just started doing one of those Leslie Sansone Walking Slim DVD and it seems to be tolerable for me. I'm on Diamox and Topamax. The diamox has been causing my knees to hurt really bad. Unfortunately weight loss doesn't fix it for most people, I'm in support groups and some said it made it worst, I hope mine doesn't get worst. Feel free to add me and we can support each other!!
  • ChrisWithATa
    ChrisWithATa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know this thread is way old but did you ever find any activities that worked for you? I'm going to try to take up swimming and see how that goes. I found out the hard way that I cannot dive too far under the water though! I ended up getting a head spike and was done for the rest of the day.
  • liverliverliver
    liverliverliver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had to loose my weight without exercise using diet only. This is due to the concussed feeling I get with exercise or exertion, also I experience extreme nausea and dizziness with exercise or have much exertion at all. I'm down 45 pounds in a year. Maybe stretching or resistance bands would be a good choice for you.