Feeling so guilty- gave into candy craving

Options
Hello everyone, feeling guilty and just needed to vent. I'm 20 weeks along with my first and have been working really hard to eat as healthy as I can. I feel like I've been doing really well (lots of veggies, greens, whole grains and good proteins), but gave into a craving for sour patch kids a couple of days ago, and then again today- the big bag each time. Ugh. Physically I feel lousy now, but I feel even worse thinking of all that sugar going to my little one. I guess all I can do is do better tomorrow (and the next 20 weeks), but the guilt is hard to shake.
Just needed to get that off my chest. This is a great community... thanks for listening.

Replies

• joianett
    joianett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Vent away but don't beat yourself up to bad momma. Giving into occasional cravings will not hurt baby or you, believe me but I feel you at the same time! You will have more moments of guilt, worry, etc over the next twenty weeks and that's okay girl. I am a major worry wart!!! If you could see all of my postings on this site and another one, you'd know , LOL. For instance, I was chewing sugar free gum (half pack per day during the week while at work) before realizing the aspartame in it and so I googled about it and found myself in tears and feeling like a failure.. not healthy! so my advice? Move on but know that the occasional cake, cookies, ice cream, etc, is not going to hurt you (unless doctor told you NOT to have it ) or baby. You're doing great girl.
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Don't feel so bad. We all have days like that. Giving in to cravings occasionally doesn't hurt. In fact, I like how bad it makes me feel because I would stay disciplined for weeks and weeks after that because of how guilty i felt, lol. I am almost 36 weeks and have given in to cravings so many times. Yes i would attribute a number of extra pounds i have gained to those weak moments but at the end, you are pregnant for 40 weeks and staying on track 100% of the time doesn't seem human to me lol.
  • acook1679
    acook1679 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. We all do. You do your best to eat healthy but you can't do it 100% of the time. Not pregnant I rarely gave in. Now almost 35 weeks pregnant I have given in several times. I try to balance it though. Either be bad at one meal for the week or something similar. Workouts are getting harder for me but I've tried to balances my food allowances with exercise. Don't beat yourself up because once and a while wont hurt. 24/7 will!
  • rottenaugratin
    rottenaugratin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the reassurance, ladies. Just what I needed to hear. Part of me knows that I'm being too hard on myself, but I'm trying to remind myself of all the things I'm doing right instead. Wishing you all happiness and health for the rest of your pregnancies :)