What's Your BIG Goal?

So what's your BIG Goal?

Mine is to lose 125lbs, but in small steps. Ten pounds at a time. I've been overweight most of my life and just need it to end. With two kiddos now, I want to ensure I'm here for a long time and weight is my only health issue.

I am definitely looking forward to this!

Replies

• tenpinma
    tenpinma Posts: 17 Member
    I have another 30-40 lbs to go, I've lost almost 30 now. Didn't start with MFP until I'd hit 230. To see me you wouldn't think I weigh 208-210 now, but I do.

And I want it gone.

I have osteo arthritis in my r knee and lower back, pre-diabetic (now on the meal plan yay), overweight. On the plus? I have great supportive kids (supportive gown, however, isn't anymore), family and friends. My charge tries to undermine me everyday, and thanks, but I can do that well enough AAAALLLL by myself TYVM. hehehe.

So. Now I have more reasons. 6 of 'em, all cuties.
  • My goal is to drop 27 lbs or so to my fighting weight of 165. I'm trying to get cardio and muscle tone up, but also need the weight off.
  • My goal is to lose 100lb or get down to 160lb...but 200 is fine. I plan on staying a little more muscular/bulky cause that is the way I am built. Plus I just started tae kwon do at age 39 and need to be a little tougher for my training. I had open heart surgery in november and need to get myself changed around. I don't want to do that again. Though the surgery was for scare tissue build up...I don't need it to become something else.
  • tinamhrain
    tinamhrain Posts: 4 Member
    I currently weigh 150. On a 5-foot frame that's considered "overweight", so 10-20 lbs would be great for 40 years old. My mom takes thyroid and high blood pressure medicine and I noticed at last check that mine's creeping. I can stave it off mebbe 5-10 more years if I move now.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    I'd like to drop ~30lbs ==OR== to be able to fit back into a particular pair of jeans that I was able to wear before I got married.* If I can fit into THOSE jeans, then I will officially be able to fit into everything else in my closet, including a bunch of really cute dresses and things I should be wearing to work.

*The scale lies. I'm also not a huge fan of online BMI calculators, since a lb of muscle is considerably more dense than a lb of fat. BMI calcs just do a height to weight ratio, so going solely by an online calculator, a 5'7" athlete with really muscular legs is going to get pegged as having the same BMI as a 5'7" couch potato of the same weight. This is why I say that I'd like to get back into that one pair of jeans. Oh, and I'd like my garb to fit.
  • Half. Probably impossible but I dream big.