workouts

Options
YollaDCgirl
YollaDCgirl Posts: 35 Member
Hey guys, I am so excited to start this workout and I hope you are too. I thought of sharing this with you guys, and please feel free to share some of your tips and ideas about workouts. I love Jillian Michaels and she has so many workout videos available on youtube, so we don't have to spend $ either. I likie doing the 30 day shred, but here are some of her vids if you wana check them out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfkuK3mMowM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTT4W8ygJ7w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5nyrD4eM64

What I like about her workouts is, she works in intervals, so no rest and you burn a lot of calories. And she targets every area of your body. Let me know what you think.

Replies

• wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    The weather cut out my run today and I love Jillian's workouts:)
  • YollaDCgirl
    Options
    I don't go for a run/walk when its cold out, so I stay in and do some Jillian...
  • YollaDCgirl
    Options
    Here is something I found on one of my old blog posts...

Weight loss Goals

Lets talk about our weight loss goals. Not the ones we can do only when we have super powers but the realistic goals we can set to help us on the path of becoming super fit and sexy. Yes I said realistic, oh and yes I said sexy. This is a problem most of us have, including myself. I usually set a goal, that I can never keep, then I give up when I cannot reach it. To overcome this problem I've searched far and wide (on the Internet) for answers. And behold, I've found some - it is the Internet, google knows best, right.

I want to lose at least 10 kilograms in 2 weeks (because I am some kind of superwoman), and then after those 2 weeks, I want to look and feel awesome. Yeah right, after 1 week, I hardly see any difference, I'm exhausted and sore everywhere and I lose the last bit of motivation I had. And I ask this very silly question: "WHY?"

The reason is simple. UNrealistic goals are UNattainable. Here are a few tips I want to use to set up some goals that WILL actually help me to lose some weight.

Do some research first - Or read someones blog who already did the research for you. Whether you want to lose 100 pounds or 10 pounds, you need to find out what is a realistic and achievable amount of weight to lose within 1 or 2 weeks. 10 pounds a week is NOT achievable unless you have some miracle formula that is probably not healthy any way. Healthy weight loss per week is 1 - 2 pounds or 0.5 - 1 kilogram. (Even though you might lose more weight in the beginning)

Make short-term goals - Forget the fact that you want to look like Jessica Alba one day and focus on what you have to do to lose a pound or two this week. I use Sunday nights to plan my week ahead and make my goals for the upcoming week. e.g. Walk/jog 0.5 mile 3 times a week. Drink more water. Eat salad 3 times a week. These things are easier to focus on than thinking about the 50 pounds you want to lose or the 10 kilometers you want to be able to run.
    Sorry I had to...
    Time, time, & time - I would like to encourage myself to make time to work out and I know some of you out there are probably (really) rather busy. There are exercises out there for the busy bees (Still to be discussed). I am busy only because I keep myself busy by looking for excuses not to exercise. Any way... Realistically you cannot set a goal to workout 3 hours a day when you do not have 3 hours to spend. Instead try to make it a goal to walk or jog for 30 minutes 3 - 4 times a week or workout just 10 minutes a day.

Bad words - There are 4 bad words when you are going on a weight loss journey that you may not use any more. These words are: "Always", "every", "never", and "must". Why are they bad? I use them every chance I get. Well, truth is, nobody is perfect, even if you think you are. Saying "you must never eat a sweet again" or "you must lose weight every week" is setting yourself up for disappointment. And once that disappointment kicks in, it could lead to a major set back. So leave those words out when setting goals and remember that in reality we are all just human.

Be specific - Yo want to make your goals as specific as you can in order to make them more achievable and to keep you more motivated to do them. Just saying that you want to lose weight or be fit does not really motivate you enough. But if you say "I want to lose 4 pounds this month." Or "I want to be able to comfortably run 1.5 miles this month." Or even just "I want to eat salad 3 times this week" motivates you more and these goals are easier to meet.

Keep a diary - I don't mean a diary like when you were 10 - oooh Peter looked at me today Giggle - but a food and exercise diary. Start off my writing, maybe 1 long term goal, and a few short term goals for the week ahead. (remember they should be attainable and specific) Write down your current weight and measurements and when you which days you want to weigh and measure yourself. (I only weigh and measure every two weeks) Then track your weekly progress. Which goals you met etc.

Stay Positive and be personal - Keeping a positive mind is really one of the hardest things to do when you are on the weight loss journey. But I have a trick... I'll share it with you if you want... you want it? Ok... Keep sticky notes with positive quotes and motivational quotes EVERYWHERE. In the bathroom, by the tv, on the fridge, in your bedroom, and so on, you get the idea. Put some reminders on your phone with some nice quotes or something. And remember that you are doing this for YOU, not for that skinny friend from high school who already has 3 kids or any one else but YOU!

Reward yourself - While you set your goals, think about how you can reward yourself when you do achieve those goals. e.g. Buy yourself a new pair of jeans when you drop a size or go drink that smoothie when you've lost 2 pounds. Don't go overboard by rewarding yourself with a slice of cake from mugg & bean or cheesecake factory (even though I really REALLY want to) but reward yourself none the less. Think of rewards that will keep you motivated.

Remember, you are not the only one going through this, but YOU CAN DO THIS!! Dare yourself!