New here/pre-op diet question

Options
Hi everyone! I just found this site and I'm so happy I did! I feel like I will be on here a lot now! My surgery date is June 18th. My doctor has me do 2 weeks of clear liquid with 4 protein shakes a day before surgery. Saturday (day 3 of liquids I had a small piece-like a size of a penny-of salami. That day I also found this sugar free Italian ice that was so tasty! But that night I had diarrhea. (Sorry, tmi!) Do you think it's from the salami or eating too much sugar free stuff? I checked and it has splenda in it so I thought that would be ok. Thoughts?

Replies

• priceless97
    priceless97 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's probably from the fat in the salami if you haven't had fat for a while. Good luck on your surgery! I was sleeved on May 19th.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    There is also one sugar substitute that is notorious for rapid and significant digestive issues when too much is taken. It is in sugar free gummies. Sorbitol, I believe. It is in the gummy fiber chews we have been taken, and I am never tempted to take more than the 2 daily that is recommended.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Lol! Sorbitol...also known as baby laxative. Probably combined with a digestive system that had seen zero fat for several days didn't help. It will be your friend after surgery when constipation kicks in. Love my fiber gummies. Good luck!
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. :flowerforyou: