Introductions

Options
SyntonicGarden
SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
Greetings! Please introduce yourself (mundane or SCA name) and share your fitness / health goals!

Replies

• SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Hi! My society name is Brit and my long-term goal is to drop the 30+ lbs that I put on since getting married. While I'm not going this year, I'd be up for a "10 lbs by Pennsic" challenge.

Maybe we can get a daily, multi-tiered (to meet various fitness needs?) fitness challenge going?
  • tenpinma
    tenpinma Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Starr in mundane life, tenpinma here and on FB, and Lady Bronwyn of Wentworth in the EK and your happy and so NOT polititcally (and occasionally spelling challenged) moderator.
  • danibunkins
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Danielle, known as Audrye Beneyt from the Barony of Endewearde! Been active in the SCA for 5 years or so now. Two kids, a six year old boy, and a 1 month old girl. Looking forward to staying accountable!
  • Siubhansca
    Siubhansca Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Siubhan here. I am up in Panther Vale I was working on being smaller anyway, why not with friends. My ultimate goal is too big to think about so I am just focausing on there being "less of me". I managed to lose 11 pounds in the last 6 weeks.
  • tenpinma
    Options
    WOOT!!!!
  • libertystanavage
    Options
    I'm Jimena, up in Northern Outpost. I'm coming back from Gall Bladder surgery in February and the year of ill health and fatigue that preceded it. I'm currently 192 lbs, and my long term goal is to get back to fighting trim of 165 or so, so a total loss of 27 lbs. My major goals involve strength training and cardio, but the weight needs to come off too.
  • greendragonfly9
    Options
    (Duchess) Aikaterine here (mundanely Danielle), from Towers/Carolingia. I've been using MFP now for two weeks and it's great! I'm in a challenge through a FB group of a bunch of mommies. 12 week challenge, cash prizes for first, second, and third place. :)
    Thought I'd join here too so we can cheer each other on.

There's also a great app for a 30 day an challenge that's pretty great and easy to use, if anyone is interested.

Hi all!
  • cuteevilbunny1018
    Options
    Hello, Heather Otis or Heather Rose de Gordoun (sca) from Barony of Concordia of the Snows. Overall want to lose 100lb. But getting down to 200 lb would still make me ecstatic. :)
  • joustinghill
    Options
    Eleanor fitzPatrick here. Ultimate goal to lose the 25lbs of "emotional eating" weight I put on last year. Will settle for just improving my eating habits. This should be fun!
  • Growing_Mama
    Growing_Mama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Marguerite and currently living in Settmour Swamp. I just had a baby, and am bellow my pregnancy weight, but had been trying to loose weight when I got pregnant. So back to the old plan. My goal is 15lbs by Pennsic and another 15lbs by October 17th (my sister's wedding).
  • tinamhrain
    tinamhrain Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm Jen most places, Rue in others, Id like to be stealthier and spry-er, which—since getting younger ain't happening without some major miracles—means less of me in better shape. Mundanely, I'm a writer and editor, so getting active is both the best start and a challenge. I also love my sugar and would rather exercise MORE than give it up. Think that's it. I have to be able to run at Pennsic to keep up with the plans I'm intending, so there's no way out of this.
  • librarianlord
    Options
    Hi, I'm Aife. I'd like to lose about 40 pounds in the next year. More than that, I'd like to work on being more in shape. Stronger, better endurance, etc. I suffer from depression, which adds an additional layer to trying to lose weight. I'm hoping better fitness and habits will help both my weight and the depression.
  • rnquilter420
    rnquilter420 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello All - I'm Tysha from the Barony of Carillion. I've used the app for the past couple of years. I've lost most of the weight I wanted to. Now it's just keeping on track!
  • LibraryDeity
    LibraryDeity Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Patti, Emma in the SCA, and have gained more than I'd like to as I get closer to 50. Weight is my secondary concern after getting more fit & healthy, hopefully the weight is a side effect of trying to move more & eat in a more healthy way. I also suffer from depression & anxiety, so my medication doesn't help with the weight aspect either.

I have 3 kids, ages 14 (almost 15), 13, and 9, and would love to set a good example for them, too, about loving yourself as you are, but striving to be better at the same time. So no fat shaming here, just positive motivation!
  • Medhbh
    Medhbh Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Medhbh in the SCA, from Quintavia (Kellie mundanely). My overall goal to lose about 20 pounds, which would finally get rid of the baby weight (the baby will be 8 years old next month). My profile predicts 5 lbs by July 14th, but if I can manage 10 by the time I'm back from Pennsic, I will be thrilled beyond measure. I teach, which has me on my feet, but only 2x/week, so I spend a lot of time sitting while I grade, read, etc. For me, this is as much about lifestyle changes as it is about losing weight.
  • PamMilewski
    Options
    Caemnat in the society or Pam in polite company and oh hell, it's her again to those who know me. I'd like to be half the person I am, but I'd settle for regaining range of motion that's been lost. I spend weekdays with a toddler but even she seems to know I'm not up to chasing her around.

I'd lis the 25 lbs in 5 weeks and was on a roll, but I got hurt and had to lay off for a while. Once I was able to start up my program again, I didn't have the energy/enthusiasm. I'm here to get myself motivated again.
  • heathercfox5
    Options
    Hi, I am Vivian from Settmour swamp and Heather in mundane life. I had successfully lost a lot of weight 10 years ago, but over the past couple of years have put on 15 lbs I have not been able to get rid of. Food allergies have made dieting problematic so I really need to start doing more exercise. I used to be more active , so I need to just get in the gym and do it. I am so glad this group was started.
  • alanaofcarillion123
    Options
    HI my name in society is Alana, and mun I am Felice. I used to be really fit before I injured my leg and needed 3 surgeries to fix it. When off my leg I sat around a lot, ate - a lot, was sedentary, and gained weight. Even after physical therapy it was just not right for a longtime. Then one day I turned in just the right motion and something in there went snap - and the pain went away, and the swelling went away... Woot! I could use normally it again! But, it took a long time being really ready to trust my leg again. By then, I was just too used to being sedentary and my energy level was low, and just - a lot of things all at once. Weight skyrocketed, And hypoglycemia doesn't help, because when I try to be too active or cut too many calories I have lows. So - taking it slow ,and for now aiming for half a pound a week of weight loss, and hoping to lose 50 or 75 lbs. over time, maybe a year?? Hopefully as the weight comes off the blood sugars will stabilize some. Just finding stuff I *can* do - easy yoga, walking, dance, etc..and doing it, and trying to make good choices re food without getting to feel too deprived - so not banning a food group - just taking it one day at a time. It took years and years to get into this shape- so if it takes a year or so to fix it so be it.
  • tenpinma
    Options
    Alana, I eat every two hours, and I TRY to keep the calorie count at or under 200 per meal. But to get to that I just started logging everything I had (candy treats, chocolate chip cookies & ice cream were my biggest offenders) during the day, then started working on cutting down on the sweets first, but I don't cut them out.

Then I started looking at WHAT I was eating, and then my doctor put me on the pre-diabeties diet (I tend to run on the low normal side so anything below 80 gives me trouble) and the weight REALLY has been steady in coming off.