Summer Plans?

Options
Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone had any summer plans for weight loss/gain or working out? I'm planning on kicking butt and taking names this summer while not as many people are in the gyms at my university. I was thinking we could all make goals and help each other stick to them!

Also if anyone has gender related plans, feel free to share them!

Replies

• Kabiti
    Kabiti Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Summer is freaking me out a little.
    I'm planning on going FT in August and I'm working with HR and management... but my breasts are noticeable in a t-shirt now... they aren't big yet, but there's still at least 4-5 months.

As for losing weight and getting back in shape ~ I really REALLY need to get back on track! I've been off diet too long, but there's just so much stress in my life right now!!!
  • feliciaboots
    feliciaboots Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    For me it's getting back into a healthy routine and returning to my figure from two years ago. The past couple of years have been stressful due to work and I have not taken care of myself as I should have.

Although I really do like my body as it is, I do want it to look better and feel better and frankly the ability to look good in a swimsuit is a huge driving force!
  • attackhamster
    attackhamster Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hoping to lose some weight so I look and feel better in my clothes...and so that I look and feel better when binding! I have a cheap, crappy binder right now, but I want to buy a nice one. I won't feel very comforrtable wearing it if my belly sticks out farther than my boobs did, though. :P
  • ArgyleWerewolf
    ArgyleWerewolf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to drop as much fat as possible over this summer / autumn to give myself a better starting point for whatever changes HRT introduces, should I decide to start down that path early next year.

I'm cutting as much sugar from my diet as possible. I've been eating healthy for a few years but didn't see the changes I was expecting (especially combined with exercise), but thanks to this site, I've realized that I'm still eating WAY more sugar than a biological male needs.
  • strommler
    strommler Posts: 2
    Options
    Trying to lose as much weight as possible before top surgery. My doctor said I won't be able to lose weight for some time after or I will cause problems with recovery. You'd think that'd be enough motivation but it's tough!
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Summer has been killing me so far as far as exercise goes. The humidity in Florida is not conducive to binding. I purchased a larger size than I normally wear hoping the extra room would make breathing a bit easier, but it seems to cut into my under arms a bit more than is comfortable and ride up on my neck. Not binding while lifting is fine but I have to find something better for cardio during the next few months.
  • Schattenstern
    Schattenstern Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I suggest hitting up Target or even Walmart and getting a compression sports bra. I know it sucks, but that's what most guys end up doing.
  • Kabiti
    Options
    Oh, hey, I wrote:
    Summer is freaking me out a little.
    I'm planning on going FT in August and I'm working with HR and management... but my breasts are noticeable in a t-shirt now... they aren't big yet, but there's still at least 4-5 months.

As for losing weight and getting back in shape ~ I really REALLY need to get back on track! I've been off diet too long, but there's just so much stress in my life right now!!!

I had been planning on transitioning at work between August '14 and January '15 depending on how well I could hide. I decided I couldn't hide so we moved my transition up to June. I'm out and it's wonderful!

As for the summer... I have no swim suit and don't feel comfortable going to the beach. I've been tanning on the deck here and there (great with some wine ;) ) and trying to keep the UV off my face (for LHR). My daughter (3) just broke her leg, so that will be cutting the beach off for the rest of the family, too... looks like we might spend more time together and, with a bag, dinners on the beach might happen again :)
  • feithne
    feithne Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    summer's coming up again! and i am totally ready to lose as much weight as i possibly can!!! within reason, i guess. i DO want to keep off whatever i end up losing. my hormones are probably gonna make that more challenging than it needs to be, though.

also, question for anybody who knows: what kind of bra should i wear to work out in? last time i bothered working out regularly was before i actually had boobs, and now they've reached bouncing levels so i definitely want to keep them secure. will a regular bra work fine? i know next to nothing about bras.
  • Zyphun
    Zyphun Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I use a Hanes pullover bra. For me it just enough support without feeling crushed.
  • Kabiti
    Options
    I'm starting over again now!! :smile:
    What a pain being hungry is :wink: