ONE OF US

Options
doctorsookie
doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
This month's challenges is to turn one person you know into a raving Whovian! :heart: Or at least turn them onto watching the show. After all, you can lead them to the TARDIS but you can't make them a Companion. :bigsmile:

Good luck and report back here to let me know who you are trying to turn and how it is going. Now go forth, my fellow companions and recruit recruit recruit!!!!

One of us One of us One of us

Replies

• TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    Well i've already turned a couple of people & I just got my husband to watch it with me as well! My aunt wants to watch it (which I keep telling her is the best idea ever) but she sees how obsesses I am & thinks she'll get totally addicted lol! A few of her clients told her it's the best thing ever as well & I'm still pushing, this is the same aunt that just sent me the TARDIS btw :love:
  • tpeirona
    tpeirona Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Already convinced my sister to watch it. She actually ended up beating me in watching all of the David Tennant episodes since I introduced her with Matt Smith as the doctor. Love me some new Whovian recruits!
  • HelloSweetie81
    HelloSweetie81 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My husband has watched most of the Matt Smith episodes with me, and can toss about terms like "Gallifreyan" and "Come along, Pond." But I feel like he hasn't reached straight up raving lunatic status, yet. Maybe I will just work on finishing his conversion process.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    The gents in my coding club will be upgraded to Whovians!

cybermen-march_o_GIFSoupcom.gif
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I converted my wife. Working on more people. Always room for more Whovians!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Whovians. I have my current sights on a lady at work who has never seen a single episode. That simply will not do. ;-)
  • MismatchedAlmonds
    MismatchedAlmonds Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I tried to convert my bfs friend and he was all like "The doctor never loses!" and "Aaaag, it's not dark enough!"

I have since shot him.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I tried to convert my bfs friend and he was all like "The doctor never loses!" and "Aaaag, it's not dark enough!"

I have since shot him.

Tell him to watch Torchwood. That should be dark enough - especially Children of Earth.
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've converted my husband(he has a thing for Rose and Donna) also my male dog loves watching Dr. Who.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    My problem is that all my friends are already Whovians, and my husband will watch but refuses to like it. (He's really not into a character that could solve his problem by killing his enemies... but doesn't. Military guys. Sigh.)
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Its official!! John said "I love that show."!!!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :love: Super excited. He started watching an episode while I was upstairs changing for work. I heard the music playing, and figured he was channel surfing, but the show started and I went running downstairs asking, "Are you watching Dr. Who?" He was all like, "Yeah." lol
    He admitted to watching 5 episodes in a row!! Yay!!! Super excited!!! :drinker:
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    Update on my husbands conversion: He still claims he doesn't like it however he's now to the point that every day when he comes home he checks to see which episodes were recorded & always start watching :happy: Even when i'm not in the room & won't be! He is now a Whovian in denial & it would be so much simpler if he would just go ahead & admit that he's hooked :laugh: He's not too keep on the Matt Smith episodes yet though & always goes straight for any that say Tennant. He also asks 50,000 questions during every single episode now & will be experiencing the Vashta Nerada for the first time tonight! My evil plan is working perfectly MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :devil: :laugh: :devil: :love: :drinker: