A newbie to the group but not WATP videos

Options
zzcharge
zzcharge Posts: 42 Member
I stumbled upon an older Leslie Sanson video in the library almost 4 years ago. I immediately loved it!!! Because it was mindless! I didnt have to think....no steps to learn...no cheorography to master...I could stumble out of bed in the morning and stick in a video and keep up with it. BUT...I really have not lost any weight. I am 5-6"...was 210. Now in the last 4 years tried different diets with it even WW. Nothing worked. Had labs done....found out I am slightly insulin resistant.. Started low carb eating then my hormones went haywire. Ended up having a partial hysterectomy last December. Just as I got the green light to exercise again we bought a house. Now that life has settled down and my 42nd birthday is days away but my weight is only down to 195. Im back to Leslie in the mornings. THis time using the new on...Walk/Burn in 30. So far I am only doing the BURN not the FIRM. But weight is unchanged. I am now a moderate carb eater...low carb is not sustainable. But I need success stories and suggestions on how to complement her videos for more success. I must drop 40lbs this year! Any thoughts???

Replies

• heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I can't give any specific suggestions as your diary is locked but I would say to anyone that consistency is the key.

I wish you every success.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I found Leslie Walk at Home Videos about 16 weeks ago. I found them on youtube and I could barely complete a mile at first. I am now addicted to walking. I worked my way up to 3 miles daily doing her videos at my kitchen counter. Then spring came and I started power walking outdoors. I have lost weight, inches and have boosted my metabolism. Most of all I was suffering from back, leg and foot pain from 2 back surgeries and my pain is no longer a major issue. I still hurt daily but not to the extent I was hurting. I changed my eating habits and embraced walking. I try to walk outside 5 miles daily and at least 2 miles with Leslie.

Enough about me. My best advice is to just keep walking and watch your calories. I recommend a pedometer to track your steps. It also motivated me to walk further.
  • zzcharge
    Options
    I can't give any specific suggestions as your diary is locked but I would say to anyone that consistency is the key.

I dont consistently record my food for the day. Maybe once a week. But I am back to aiming for 1200-1500 calories a day.
  • zzcharge
    Options
    I found Leslie Walk at Home Videos about 16 weeks ago. I found them on youtube and I could barely complete a mile at first. I am now addicted to walking. I worked my way up to 3 miles daily doing her videos at my kitchen counter. Then spring came and I started power walking outdoors. I have lost weight, inches and have boosted my metabolism. Most of all I was suffering from back, leg and foot pain from 2 back surgeries and my pain is no longer a major issue. I still hurt daily but not to the extent I was hurting. I changed my eating habits and embraced walking. I try to walk outside 5 miles daily and at least 2 miles with Leslie.

Enough about me. My best advice is to just keep walking and watch your calories. I recommend a pedometer to track your steps. It also motivated me to walk further.

Actually....this time around...I think its working. But very slowly.
    Im doing the Burn 30 at least 4 mornings per week.
    Plus Im trying to move around more in the evening.
    Plus I am eating less food. Stop eating before Im full...is my current thinking.
    Plus Im doing little to no sweets during the week. Fruit and Quest bars have become my dessert and afternoon snack.

If I can be under 190 before the end of this month...The whole world will hear/see my victory dance!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options

Actually....this time around...I think its working. But very slowly.
    Im doing the Burn 30 at least 4 mornings per week.
    Plus Im trying to move around more in the evening.
    Plus I am eating less food. Stop eating before Im full...is my current thinking.

Plus Im doing little to no sweets during the week. Fruit and Quest bars have become my dessert and afternoon snack.

If I can be under 190 before the end of this month...The whole world will hear/see my victory dance!

Good luck and keep on doing what you are doing. Be strong and stay positive. Get your victory dance on!!!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Consistency really is key. Sounds like you're on track with the eating.

4 days a week is great. If you can get a couple more videos, you can mix things up a little with the workouts. And don't skip that "firm" part - getting stronger is great for your overall health!

As for stories, I'm a 50 pounds down and off for almost eight years. I love Leslie's workouts!!! They work.

One more thing - slow weight loss is good. You're not depriving yourself and it is more likely to stay off!

Keep walking strong!
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Be patient with yourself- write down everything you eat you may be surprised I know I am lol. It's a marathon not a sprint- no magic pills just stay the course you aren't alone and keep moving along with the rest of us.
    Take some challenges- like the walking so many miles that is ongoing.
    Stay positive and don't fret about where you've been- look ahead and see where you are going.
    You can do it!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options

I dont consistently record my food for the day. Maybe once a week. But I am back to aiming for 1200-1500 calories a day.

zzcharge, Welcome to the group. I would encourage you to actually record all the food that you are eating even if you want to keep your diary private. Do it for yourself and see if you have different results.
    Also I'd encourage you to invest in a digital food scale. Weighing anything that is not liquid. It is far more accurate. With the 'tare' button you can continue to add food onto your plate to log the items. Even for food like peanut butter it is more accurate and less dishes to wash :smile: . Put your toast/bread on a little plate click 'tare' to zero the weight, and then dollop the peanut butter onto the bread/toast till you have in grams how much you want. Then log it. Example: 16 g = one Tbsp. Use the nutrition label to use this method. You will get used to doing this way rather quickly.
    Also carefully choose the foods from the data base or record your own if you can't find an accurate option listed. Mistakes are often made. Look for foods that have confirmations and even then check because sometimes labels change for one reason or another.

Also consider measuring yourself and see if you are losing inches over time. And as time goes by how are your clothes fitting? These are better measures of how you are doing because the scale can be very fickle from day to day. Google "why the scale lies" or similar words and you will see why we can't always trust our scale to give an accurate picture of what is going on with us. And why our weight can fluctuate from day to day. When your scale starts to move again pay attention to the over all trend more, and less to the day by day reading.

If you are allowed try some of the Firm segment from the DVD that you are using. This will help keep or build your strength up over time.

You can do this and we are proud of you for taking control of your health and working toward your fitness goals.

:flowerforyou: