Double Under Rope

Options
Should have reached out on here, but just ordered an RX rope.

What kind of jump ropes do you guys use and do you like them?

Replies

• petzilla
    petzilla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have so many types of ropes all of them hoping to help me get double unders, I primarily use the RX Rope in my workouts though
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Don't even remember the brand, but it cost about $10.
  • FWMagicMike
    FWMagicMike Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have a R1 rage. It cost a pretty penny, but when something is made in the USA, I will spend a bit extra.

I love my rope :P I even bring my rope to the box so I can use mine :)
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    I have a R1 rage. It cost a pretty penny, but when something is made in the USA, I will spend a bit extra.

I love my rope :P I even bring my rope to the box so I can use mine :)

I thought that was pretty common, a lot of people bring their own to the workouts.
  • kaaaaylee
    Options
    I have so many types of ropes all of them hoping to help me get double unders, I primarily use the RX Rope in my workouts though

For fun sake, what colors is it?
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I bought a rope at the last competition I went to that customized it to my height and the thickness I wanted the cable. It's from Revletics. It's a pretty good rope and gets the job done.
  • NCSteveVH
    NCSteveVH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Interesting story about jump ropes. Our box offered a DU clinic given by a local jump rope organization that included DU training and a demo by world-ranked jump ropers. We all came to the clinic with our expensive, custom-fit jump ropes (me included!). These guys pulled out those $5 nylon jump ropes with the plastic handles and little plastic colorful beads that you used back in elementary school. They proceeded to do triple unders like we do singles. And these are the ropes they use in their competitions. I still think the more expensive ropes help the less-skilled master the DUs, but once you get the technique down, a nylon rope with plastic beads may be all you need. One last note -- the length of the rope these guys used barely cleared their heads. The shorter the rope, the faster you get it around you and the easier the DUs become....
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ^I hpoe that's true. I'm having a hell of time trying to get them down. Going to start in (again) on 10-15 minutes a night of practice until I get them mastered.
  • FWMagicMike
    FWMagicMike Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Interesting story about jump ropes. Our box offered a DU clinic given by a local jump rope organization that included DU training and a demo by world-ranked jump ropers. We all came to the clinic with our expensive, custom-fit jump ropes (me included!). These guys pulled out those $5 nylon jump ropes with the plastic handles and little plastic colorful beads that you used back in elementary school. They proceeded to do triple unders like we do singles. And these are the ropes they use in their competitions. I still think the more expensive ropes help the less-skilled master the DUs, but once you get the technique down, a nylon rope with plastic beads may be all you need. One last note -- the length of the rope these guys used barely cleared their heads. The shorter the rope, the faster you get it around you and the easier the DUs become....

challenge accepted...
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    ^I hpoe that's true. I'm having a hell of time trying to get them down. Going to start in (again) on 10-15 minutes a night of practice until I get them mastered.

Yeah I've been stressing about not being able to do them too :laugh: :drinker:

I'm not so bothered anymore. They'll come in their own time. I'm getting better at singles though, wrist movement, placement of the rope relative to the body, jump efficiency - that sort of thing.
  • cansnchloe
    cansnchloe Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am in love with the Rogue RX SR-1 with the short handles. Only $20 and fast!
  • kaaaaylee
    Options

I'm not so bothered anymore. They'll come in their own time. I'm getting better at singles though, wrist movement, placement of the rope relative to the body, jump efficiency - that sort of thing.

I too felt like they'd come when they come...until the other day when the scale for 20 DU was 10 burpees... ugh
  • petzilla
    petzilla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I believe that team are from Jump-N-Rope & they give a great class I have all of their ropes as well!
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options

I too felt like they'd come when they come...until the other day when the scale for 20 DU was 10 burpees... ugh

That's just cruel!
  • kaaaaylee
    Options

That's just cruel!

That's what I'm saying! Hence why I ordered a rope and am going to make this happen.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I got the short handle one from Rogue. I think it was $20. I really like it.
  • avecheverria
    avecheverria Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i use an Again Faster RevX rope. absolutely love it.

https://www.againfaster.com/shop/jump-ropes/again-faster-revolution-rope-x/