Highest Weight EVER - Rant/Need Encouragement

Options
TLCEsq
TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
I finally weighed myself at home this morning. I am 258.6 pounds, the most I have ever weighed EVER. I was 262 when I delivered my daughter 6 weeks ago via emergency C Section.

Previously I lost 60 pounds in law school 2008 - 2010 and got down to 170. Then I gained 40 during the Bar exam in 2011 from stress and hormonal imbalances. Got pregnant with my son in June 2012 and weighed 215. Weighed 255 when I delivered him vaginally in February 2013 and was 225 by my post partum checkup 6 weeks later. Gained 15 back due to postpartum depression and anxiety. Was 235 when I got pregnant with my daughter in September 2013.

With as much as my weight has been up and down I think I'm finally ready to do this. I am exclusively pumping breastmilk and supplementing with formula. I just feel disgusting and I'm trying to not feel totally defeated.

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    You can do this! From today on out, you're on your way. Just think about how good you'll feel a month from now, six months from now, a year from now :)
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    You can do this! It is rough when your emotions are all over the place, but if you set little goals and look at your progress on a weekly or monthly basis you will feel great :)
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    The good news is, you know what you need to do to lose weight, as you've done it before!!

Personally, I find non-scale goals to be the most effective, but that's just me.

You've done the important stuff--brought beautiful babies into this world. Now get off the internet and take yourself for a walk :-)
  • BelenB123
    BelenB123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do it! im doing the same, pumping and formula. I was at 243lbs before I gave birth to my daughter and im down to 210lbs. Ive been doing 2100 calories. Its been enough food for me and ive been drinking lots of water that helps a lot. Dont start with too low calories. I dont know how some people try doing 1200 calories to start. That wouldnt work for me. Just start slowly. Good luck!
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You can do it! But being patient with yourself is important too...
    I was over 230 when I delivered my first 4 and a half years ago. When he was 9 mos old, I was 201 lbs (I'm 5'5" btw) and decided it was time to lose the weight. I was able to get down to 140 betweeen August 2010 to April of 2011. While it seemed impressive, losing large amounts of weight (and gaining it back) were not new to me.
    I am around 137 today and I now also have a almost 2 year old (in 2 weeks, can't believe it!) and had hip surgery last year. I ran my best race time ever on Memorial Day weekend. This is the longest I've ever maintained a weight loss, and I've got to say...staying active is something that has helped keep me sane (well... mostly) through the chaos of working full time and mothering full time.
    I fall off my good habits pretty often... but I've mainainted my workouts and I always come back to MFP when I know I'm getting out of hand w/ my eating.
    Start logging but try not to be too restrictive... move more... take the babies with you on walks... push one in a stroller and use a baby bjorn for the other. Try to be aware of what you're eating and how much... but I wouldn't start weighing and measuring yet... pumping and cleaning parts takes ALOT of time... and it's important. If you have a supportive spouse, let him help. Take an hour or two to yourself to work out or walk.
    Good luck! It can be done!
  • Nique85
    Nique85 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You can do it! This is the most I've ever weighed. With my daughter I got up to 250lbs at delivery. With this baby (3 weeks postpartum) I got up to 233. I don't know how much I weigh now. But depression can make it very hard to lose weight. With my daughter I could never get below 203. So now, I just look at this as a new start. Just try not to get overwhelmed by looking at the big picture. Each day take tiny steps towards your goals, and eventually you will see it pay off.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I didn't weigh myself while pregnant, and I haven't since having my daughter just over 5 weeks ago. But I know I've put on a lot as my belly and thighs are huge. My boobs probably weigh 5lbs each lol. I reckon I need to lose about 30lbs, which is really depressing as I exercised at the gym until 38 weeks pregnant, and after that went for walks. I was 154lbs pre pregnancy, so I'm guessing I'm at least 180lbs now. My profile pic is when I was 3 weeks post partum.

I'm feeling very miserable too as low milk supply meant I couldn't breastfeed. I tried so hard, feeding non stop, and still my daughter lost weight. I have 2 other kids too, and my husband works shifts, so I had to start using formula. I still feed my baby when I can, but she isn't that interested in it now, except in the night. I express a couple of times a day too. This happened with my other two children as well, and I'm finding it hard to deal with.

I've been walking everyday and logging my food for the past 2 weeks. I'm aiming for 1650 calories a day, and I have a treat at the weekend. My kids want me to bake choc muffins tomorrow.

I know I can do it, because I lost more after my 2nd child, but it doesn't help how awful I feel right now.
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for sharing your stories and for the positivity!
  • MsWax
    MsWax Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ladies, be gentle with yourselves. It took 9 months to gain the baby weight, and it takes many people (myself included) that long to lose it. Think long-term, and start with reasonable goals, like exercising X times/week (walks with the baby count), not GAINING weight, etc. Taking care of a baby is hard. It's even harder to take care of yourself and the rest of your family. Focus on eating more fruits and veggies, making good choices, etc., but don't beat yourself up if you can't do it 100% (or even 80%) of the time.

If you commit to it, even small changes will add up. And eventually the baby chores will become easier, you'll get more sleep, and you can step things up over time. Good luck!
  • marie3221
    marie3221 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It takes so much time to lose that prego weight, especially if you breastfeed. I Have to supplement with formula b/c I did not make enough, and even though I am not having "eat to make milk" I am still having problems losing the weight. I started MFP yesterday and I am already realizing how bad my lifestyle was. It takes 4 weeks for you to notice change in your body, 8 weeks for friends and family, and 12 for the world. Keep it up!