FREE Group workout in the Cincinnati/Dayton/NKY area

Options
joehempel
joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
I'm thinking of setting up some weekly or bi-weekly group workouts. They would be free to the public and be beginners workouts, which if successful would lead me to do more advanced workouts as well.

I'm still looking for locations and things like that, but if I get this thing going, would anyone be interested??

It would be just you, a towel, some water and a great attitude!

Workouts would last around 40-45 minutes, and again would be FREE.

Replies

• rfw24
    rfw24 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I am in Dayton and I would be interested. Where we could do this woul vary, depending on how many people and where the majority are from. I know in downtown Dayton, on the Riverscape, there are nice areas for groups.
  • joehempel
    Options
    Dayton may be a pretty good area downtown on some weeks. I'm working with the Hamilton County Parks services to maybe get something together on a weekly or bi-weekly basis in the evenings.
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Im interested!!!!! Im in West chester!!! I need some new workouts!
  • joehempel
    Options
    I'm very happy there is some interest in this!

There doesn't seem to be a lot of open workout type things in the area!!

Most of what I know are the BeachBody style workouts, from beginner to intermediate to advanced, so that's what a lot will be based off of.....but don't worry, I'm NOT a coach and I won't be trying to sell anything to anybody!!! I hate it when that happens!

This will be brand new to me as well, but I'm hoping to create an engaging experience where all levels, from children to adults can come and have fun!

Doing these things as a family can really re-establish fun times and can set a healthy trend, which we all know is on the decline in children today!

I will keep everyone posted!! I will have a bit of time this week to get with the park folks again....currently going through my NASM coursework as well, so I've got a full plate!
  • Brooke7860
    Brooke7860 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in Dayton and I would definitely be interested. :)
  • joehempel
    Options
    Still trying to get in with the park groups.....have been moved around the chain a bit. May see if a local mall that has nothing in it (Cincinnati Mills) will be good as well. There is a great staging area inside there.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm near the Dayton area. I would attend depending on location and days.
  • Sheakat
    Sheakat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in West Chester and I would be all in.\! I'm currently attending a Boot Camp, but membership is too steep for my wallet. Not sure if I would travel too far, but it sounds like a great idea.
  • joehempel
    Options
    I was sent to the HealthyParks department of the park and sent off an email today!

I'm looking at possibly 2 days a week....ALL fitness levels on one day, and then a free beginners running group another day. Either Sunday morning or Saturday evening.

It's a two fold thing.

1.) It promotes a healthy lifestyle, which is important...too many people around me just sit on the porch and don't move, unless it's to get another slice of pizza. Incorporating family workouts on some days would be great too!

2.) I'm working towards my NASM and want to specialize in group fitness so it'll help in that aspect too.