14 months post partum, weight loss stall

jhigdon73199
jhigdon73199 Posts: 3 Member
I had my sixth baby 14 months ago. I'm still breastfeeding at night and about 3-6 times during the day.

I've been giving myself an extra 200 calories for breastfeeding, and 1500 for the day (per the calculator on myfitnesspal).

I've lost 21 pounds since having the baby, but I need to get down 40 more (20 more from the past pregnancy and 20 from the pregnancy before!)

I'm a runner, and trying to get back up to my 20 miles a week. I also do Body Pump twice a week.

I have stalled in weight loss and actually went up two pounds this week. I was HUNGRY. I ran my first 7 miler on Sunday, and on Tuesdays and Thursday I work out twice a day...about a 2-3 mile run then Body Pump class.

Should I add more food? I'm afraid too because I was losing on what I was on calorie wise, but I'm working out more now. I don't always eat my calories for the day. I try to make sure I'm under.

Thanks!

Replies

• lj3jones
    lj3jones Posts: 94 Member
    are you eating back your excersize calories?
  • jhigdon73199
    jhigdon73199 Posts: 3 Member
    Most of the time. Lately, I haven't been in the hopes it would speed up weight loss
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Changes in hormones, weather and exercise all have an effect on how hungry we are. That 7 miler probably burnt near 800 cals and caused your body to crave more fuel. Do eat back at least half of your exercise cals to be healthy and make sure you're tracking and logging accurately.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Changes in hormones, weather and exercise all have an effect on how hungry we are. That 7 miler probably burnt near 800 cals and caused your body to crave more fuel. Do eat back at least half of your exercise cals to be healthy and make sure you're tracking and logging accurately.

^This, and give this a read about logging accurately:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think