Names

Options
pa_jorg
pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
Could you date someone new who has the same name as your ex?

My ex had a very common name and I'm really not sure I could, but I hate the feeling that I might be missing out on someone great over something so silly. Thoughts?

Replies

• bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Yep, I could. If the love of my life is named: Jeremiah, Ryan, Harrison, Gabe, Jay, or Ben, then so be it. I doubt I'd think of my ex once I met someone new (and worthy of my heart) with that name.
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    I doubt I'd think of my ex once I met someone new (and worthy of my heart) with that name.

I get what you're saying but, but I just think getting through that first date to see if there's even that chance at something being real would be the weird part...
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    My ex & my ex "best friend" both had very common names. And the bf, I'd call out his name during our intiment moments. So if my next bf has his name... COOL!!! Lol! Then I wouldn't need to worry about slipping.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Yep. no problem. Wouldn't bug me one bit.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Yes, then no worries about slipping the wrong name. It's awkward, and it will be if ou tell anyone at first, because they'll be like "omg you're back with the ex?????" LOL.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Would not be a problem........I have dated one guy (one date) with the same name and was talking for quite awhile to someone with same name.......My exhusbands name - David--I ALWAYS called him David, and most other Davids are Dave.....so guess that helps............
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I've dated several people with the same name its not that big a deal. Plus the upside you never have to worry about calling him the wrong name lol
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    It's awkward, and it will be if ou tell anyone at first, because they'll be like "omg you're back with the ex?????" LOL.

Yes, this exactly! :tongue:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    It's happened and I'm cool with it. It's all about the person, not the name. Please don't turn someone down cos of a name. You will find that the similarity ends there and the new person will evoke different emotions in you. You won't even think about it if/when you fall for the new guy.

You could always use a nickname if it bugs you!! :flowerforyou: