Officially starting!

Options
I officially start tomorrow! Got all my shakes and my class all set up.

I made my self a mocha and black cherry slush for dinner - it was ok, need to tinker a little bit with it to get how I want, was a little to chalky for me. Super excited!

Replies

• yellowdaisy3321
    yellowdaisy3321 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yay! Let us know if you have questions :-).

For what it's worth I find the flavor of the puddings made as shakes with 12-16oz of liquid to be better than the choc and vanilla beverage options. Plus they are thicker an dbigger so they seem more filling.
  • Ladybug_Karen
    Ladybug_Karen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yay Jenn!! Exciting!!

I never thought of thinning out the pudding as a drink. hmmmmm wonder how that works with lemon pudding.
  • pyratekitten65
    pyratekitten65 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day. I'm doing a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, a snack bar and a 500 calorie dinner. I've been so hungry all day, I'm weak. How are you feeling?
  • yellowdaisy3321
    Options
    Yay Jenn!! Exciting!!

I never thought of thinning out the pudding as a drink. hmmmmm wonder how that works with lemon pudding.

It works awesome with lemon pudding. I like to add 16oz of lemon flavored water I get it at Walmart. I've also used sprite zero and that was really good too.
  • yellowdaisy3321
    Options
    Today was my first day. I'm doing a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, a snack bar and a 500 calorie dinner. I've been so hungry all day, I'm weak. How are you feeling?

Make sure you're drinking enough water, it will help when you get hungry. It gets easier, hang in there.
  • jennchaps
    jennchaps Posts: 7
    Options
    It's going good! 5lbs down according to my scale. I have done 4 workouts since Saturday, and have only cheated, with a handful of peanuts (still low carb)

I struggle at night - I have always stopped after work for a coke and I miss my coke (fountain coke to me after work is like a glass of wine to other folks, LOL) and I don't like diet coke. Fav so far has been iced coffee, SF heazelnut, and chocolate drink. I also like the lemon pudding. And was surprised that the bars aren't that bad at all!
  • jennchaps
    Options
    Anyone else get wicked hot flashes when starting?
  • pyratekitten65
    Options
    Day 2, still hanging in there. Still hungry, very tired, very weak and dizzy. Spoke with the nutritionist, tomorrow and she suggested that I break up my shakes into 4 smaller meals instead of 2 and see how that goes. That way when I get hungry I can nourish myself. It took me over an hour to finish my breakfast shake this morning so this might work out good. Already down 5 pounds!
  • Ladybug_Karen
    Options
    It's going good! 5lbs down according to my scale. I have done 4 workouts since Saturday, and have only cheated, with a handful of peanuts (still low carb)

I struggle at night - I have always stopped after work for a coke and I miss my coke (fountain coke to me after work is like a glass of wine to other folks, LOL) and I don't like diet coke. Fav so far has been iced coffee, SF heazelnut, and chocolate drink. I also like the lemon pudding. And was surprised that the bars aren't that bad at all!

You're doing a great job! My clinic would say to not exercising until your Doctor clears you to do so... unless you were already exercising regularly before ND. But it seems like you're doing good so far!
  • Ladybug_Karen
    Options
    Day 2, still hanging in there. Still hungry, very tired, very weak and dizzy. Spoke with the nutritionist, tomorrow and she suggested that I break up my shakes into 4 smaller meals instead of 2 and see how that goes. That way when I get hungry I can nourish myself. It took me over an hour to finish my breakfast shake this morning so this might work out good. Already down 5 pounds!

Hang in there! It gets easier. :) I think the suggestion you got is spot on. You're doing great .. just keep it up! :)
  • pyratekitten65
    Options
    Today went much better. I changed things up a bit by having my snack bar for breakfast (I'm not a big breakfast eater) and then I had a shake at lunch and then an early dinner (out with family for celebrations) had a small grilled buffalo chicken salad, dressing on the side. Took out half the chicken to bring home so I would keep my chicken at 4 oz. Dipped my fork into the dressing instead of pouring it all over the salad. And had 1/2 of a 6 inch garlic loaf. Then when I had my final shake at 8 pm but I mixed it with crushed ice and made a sherbert out of the pineapple-apricot. It was delicious. Much more energy today. Switching it up sure did help me get through the day!
  • jennchaps
    Options

You're doing a great job! My clinic would say to not exercising until your Doctor clears you to do so... unless you were already exercising regularly before ND. But it seems like you're doing good so far!

Yeah I was ok'd to exercise - I have been working out and being active so I was ok'd to contine, just no viguerous workouts untill 2 weeks in.
  • jennchaps
    Options
    I am having the exact oppsite problem I thought I would - I am getting full from the shakes and not finishing them or just not getting a full 4 a day in. Which I know is not good at all!