Swiss foods

Options
2»

Replies

• rtann2
    rtann2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the request. I've been reluctant to join any groups but think this one makes perfect sense.

I order Fage Total 0% yogurt from Migros LeShop and have never found it in the stores except for Manor in Basel. Actually, I just found out in February 2013 that they sell it here in Switzerland! I've lived here for 15 years and stopped looking long ago for my American replacements. I'm from New Orleans and, well, except for fresh crayfish and Andouille sausage (not the kind from Lyon) I really find what I need here. I love having access to fresh organic produce and living near farmers, even in Basel.

I'll update my info this week so I can be a real players. No more hiding out and hoping for weight loss success alone. Thanks again for the invite! I'm off to the forest with my too little boys to keep moving. Not easy since I injured my tailbone this week and feel somewhat crippled.
  • circenyc
    circenyc Posts: 4
    Options
    Yeah, Fage is not available on Coop online, but on Migros LeShop. Oddly though, it is sold in the Coop stores, but not Migros. Only the large Coop's carry 0%, it is really hard to find. There is one store I go to in Geneva that carries it but it is always sold out, so now I go to buy it on Wednesdays when I think they receive their stock. You would think if it sells out like that there is a greater demand for it. Fage has about 9% protein per 100 grams, whereas the Swiss and French Greek-style brands only have about 4-5% protein. Personally, I eat Greek yogurt as a source of protein since I am not a big meat eater, so the extra in Fage matters to me. If I can't find 0% I eat oatmeal mixed with quinoa or chia seeds for breakfast until I find it. But I find I don't eat Greek yogurt as much in the Winter because I prefer to mix it with berries to make it a bit sweeter. I do love summertime fresh fruits. Looking forward to cherry season.
  • fitsnowflakey
    Options
    I also buy FAGE 0% online at leshop. Occasionally I get it at Globus but rarely. Have you all seen the new range from Migros - called ALNATURA I think. It's great - not online yet but I saw it at one of the large stores.

BTW Aagaag - I'm interested that you research diseases of the nervous system - like what? (Sorry, being nosey!!!) ;-)
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Guys, what do you think of the New Pure Yoghurts ?
  • FitinHonau
    FitinHonau Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet! Where do you buy it?
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi FitinHonau,

sorry, just saw your question - you can buy these in Coop. They are not supposed to contain any artificial ingredients.
  • posiesplace
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group, really appreciate it!
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thank you as well for starting this. I am a Canadian living in Switzerland and just joined this group. I as well am finding some foods do not show up in the database, so I am having to guess as to what is the closest to it.
  • simsbi
    simsbi Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello everyone

I started MFP during a 3-month stay in Australia in 2012. It was so easy because every food was on MFP - just scan and add...
    So when we came back we were quite disappointed because there was no swiss food added... But we've started adding a lot of food but we've lost motivation since we had to add quite everything we ate... So we stopped counting kal and I gained 6 kg back ;-(

But now - It is totally different - so many foods are added! You all did a great Job!! Thank you!!
    I already lost 4,4kg!! Yeaaa!! And this is because of YOU!! ;-)

simsbi
  • lonelychats
    lonelychats Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can I second that? I was kind of nervous that a lot of things would be missing and I'd have to add the nutritional info myself - not true! You guys have done a great job of making a huuuuge database of Swiss foods!
  • Guineagirl913
    Guineagirl913 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've been finding a great deal of Swiss foods. Had to add a few things myself but if we all do, the database will keep growing!
  • ragazje3
    ragazje3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Discovered Fage greek yogurt at several SPAR. Don't know if any of your have one in the vicinity.
    Thanks for keep posting Swiss stuff. This database is really becoming great!
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    What is SPAR?
  • ragazje3
    ragazje3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    http://www.spar.ch/
    I'm not sure if spars are only in the german part of Switzerland??:::
  • swisswife
    swisswife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, Thank you all for your efforts to add Swiss Foods to the Database. I wondered where there were all coming from when I was searching for things to put in my diary :)
    I'm a re-new MFP user, who needs to get back in control of her weight. I my love of cooking and eating take over for a little while.