Hey HI Im Noel and I turn 7 in july!!

Options
noelboquet
noelboquet Posts: 34 Member
Hello everyone !! I will be sleeved 7 years July 31 and man what a wild ride its been!! I wont lie...I struggle with weight gain....I work hard to keep it on the down low but I have successfully kept over 200lbs off my body for the better part of 4 years...I stalled year two and got my chit together year three and lost the rest. I only fluxed about 5lbs during that time til this year....lots of stress body pain issues that don't allow me to move like I like to...and I quit smoking. I am currently on the downward slide again and have 14lbs to lose....still not shabby for an old timer. I am happy and healthy and if it wasn't for my sleeve I wouldn't be alive.

Anyway hope everyone is feeling centered and happy in their sleeve choice and I look forward to supporting you and finding inspiration from you all. :)

Replies

• pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi Noel! I love to hear from people who are years out from surgery. I'm coming up on one year and always wonder/worry what things will be like going forward. Congrats on maintaining such a large weight loss!
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    It is good to hear from folks who've been at this for a while! I'm just 8 months out and near goal now. Since I started this process, maintenance has always been the biggest fear for me. Bigger than the fear of the pain of surgery, or the fear that I'd never eat like a normal person again, (neither of which ever materialized)! LOL Congratulations the huge loss and on getting back on track!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Hi Noel! I am 3 years out and still not to goal. I love to hear from folks like you who are farther along the journey than me. You give me hope that no matter how slow or how many stalls, I can get these last 66 pounds off and hit goal. Thank you so much for posting!!

Pat
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    SSSSOOOO CCOOOOLL!!! you look great! Please keep posting. We love our mentors! Any favorite high protein recipes you love? we would adore hearing about them!
  • noelboquet
    Options
    Hi Noel! I am 3 years out and still not to goal. I love to hear from folks like you who are farther along the journey than me. You give me hope that no matter how slow or how many stalls, I can get these last 66 pounds off and hit goal. Thank you so much for posting!!

Pat

Hi Pat...if you friend me and let me peep your daily food guide I can help you with getting back on track...id be glad to help.
  • noelboquet
    Options
    SSSSOOOO CCOOOOLL!!! you look great! Please keep posting. We love our mentors! Any favorite high protein recipes you love? we would adore hearing about them!

I am the queen of the one pan wonder lo I use a lot of left overs in my one pan wonders
    l I will post a couple here for you....

I call this salt n pepper stirfry..You just chop everything up and stir fry it in a wok or a pain ( btw a cast iron wok is worth its weight in gold and cost about 30 dollars and ensures you get some nice iron when you cook )

.This is a cup of red onion cabbage chard and costco chicken chopped small and stirfried with buttahhhh a lil salt n pepper....its delicious.. serves 3 113 cals 3 carbs 15 protein 4g fat cabbage makes everything so tasty !! Lol so does butter lol cost is about 1.50 for the whole pan....I cook cheap and healthy.

Carne ala Mexicana ( means Mexican meat lol)

My easy make meals lol are legendary (in my own mind lol )....fry 2 burgers( I use turkey usually or my own ground chicken) sprinkle a couple tablespoons of cilantro, cover them completely with a couple cups raw spinach and about half a cup of el pato sauce or salsa sprinkle with cheese and put the lid on...delicious one pan wonder if I do say so myself....makes 2 servings cal 220 1 carb 16g fat 17g protein

another variation is I sautee the spinach with onion sprinkle on the cilantro and pour on my el pato sauce then I crack eggs on top of it all and some cheese and put the lid on and cook til eggs are the way u like them the sauce poaches them...I call it healthy huevos rancheros u can even add some left over meat to it and its BOMB!

I guess its fair to say I keep my carbs very low as I do not process them well ( insulin resistant ) and I have found that so far out I have to still keep my eating in check...I give myself a once a week free day unless I find myself gaining and then I get back on the straight and narrow and get the weight off....I have been traveling for the better part of 6 months so im back on the straight and narrow. You can see my food diary if u want.