What are you eating for breakfast on the day?

Options
So I'm already thinking about what I'm going to eat on my wedding day.... specifically for breakfast. I want something filling since it's going to be a LONG day and from what I hear brides don't tend to eat much at the reception. But at the same time I don't want to eat something that's going to make me feel weighed down or bloated before I put on my dress. I want to feel light - but full.

I'm thinking eggs....

thoughts?

Replies

• Ldrogers85
    Ldrogers85 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would avoid anything too greasy or salty, and something that will give you good energy.

Maybe some fluffy scrambled eggs with a side of avocado, some greek yogurt and fresh fruit?
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    This didn't even cross my mind! I was alone at the hotel the morning before the wedding, think I had a croissant with jam, yogurt & fruit. I did go out for lunch with the girls though (wedding was at 5pm) and had steak & chips! :happy: Had a bloody marvellous day. :heart:

Guess you must have a tight fitting dress? There seems to be lots to avoid if you read the articles http://www.brides.com/wedding-dresses-style/fitness-and-health/2013/08/foods-to-avoid-before-wedding

Unless you suffer from bloating I personally wouldn't worry too much.
  • kvenable8
    kvenable8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would avoid anything too greasy or salty, and something that will give you good energy.

Maybe some fluffy scrambled eggs with a side of avocado, some greek yogurt and fresh fruit?

Really helpful! I'll absolutely be taking that advice!
    Similarly so, what about the night before? Obviously I've got the rehearsal dinner the night before and I'm not sure what to do! :(
  • Luvs_Rage_Phish
    Luvs_Rage_Phish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Really helpful! I'll absolutely be taking that advice!
    Similarly so, what about the night before? Obviously I've got the rehearsal dinner the night before and I'm not sure what to do! :(
    [/quote]

I was thinking some lean protein and veggies - like chicken and brocoli. Maybe have a glass or two of wine for the toasts but keep it at a minimal.