Just diagnosed...

Replies

• Hang in there! I am surviving 3 years now from stage 1 breast cancer. Did chemo and radiation. Did they give you anti-nausea meds before your chemo treatment? I'm sure they do for just about everyone. Not to minimize your reaction at all, but it's easy to convince yourself that you're going to feel terrible when you're watching that stuff drip into your veins. Try to think of it as a wonderful, healing elixir that's also fighting to "evict" the unwelcome intruders in your body. And bring a loved one along to distract you-if that's not possible, start a great new book or watch some great movies on your laptop or phone. You'll make it!
  • Alsison
    Alsison Posts: 588 Member
    June 13th, 2014

Today is day 6. So far so good. The radiation has irritated things a bit but I am dealing with it through a combination of Advil and T3's..

I am looking forward to the weekend off.

Breathe in... Breathe out...
  • What's your first name? Mine is Patti. You are doing great! You got this. :flowerforyou:
  • Alsison
    My name is Alison :flowerforyou:
  • My name is Alison :flowerforyou:

One step at a time Alison. You are stronger than you ever imagine. :smile:
  • Alsison
    June 14th, 2014...

I am feeling pretty down today. My feet have started to get sore. I understand this is a common side effect of the chemo pills.

I can barely handle the pain of the tumor itself and now this. I am thankful for the weekend off treatment but scared for the week to come. I have had 6 days of treatment and still have 22 to go..

Breathe in.. Breathe out
  • Alsison
    May 15th, 2014

I am feeling a bit more optimistic today.

I went out yesterday and got some Udderly Smoothe lotion and a really comfortable pair of slippers. I just have to deal with whatever comes at me.

I have so much to be thankful for and I am not going to let this get me down!

Breathe in... Breathe out
  • That a girl! Keep your eyes on the future. It will be here before you know it.
  • Alsison
    May 16th, 2014

I noticed something new today. I have some white lines forming along the side of my tongue and my mouth is really dry all the time...

7 down, 21 to go

Breathe in,... Breathe out
  • May 16th, 2014

I noticed something new today. I have some white lines forming along the side of my tongue and my mouth is really dry all the time...

7 down, 21 to go

Breathe in,... Breathe out

Talk you your onc's nurse about that. I'm sure it's common and they can help. Don't ever worry about bothering them, K? Good luck!
  • Alsison
    June 18th, 2014

So I got pulled over by the cops on my way to radiation this morning...

Stupid me, I wasn't wearing my seatbelt. As soon as he got up to my window, the waterworks started.. I felt sorry for the poor guy, he didn't know what to do but needless to say he let me off with a warning.

10 down, 18 to go.. Breathe in.. Breathe out
  • You're not stupid. Youre a woman thrown into the fight of her life, and you're just trying to go about your business. Don't worry about the cop. There were times I *wanted* to get pulled over so I could say, "I don't care about the stupid speed limit. I have cancer."

Take care Alison. You are doing great! I mean that.
  • Alsison
    June 20th, 2014

Another week of treatment behind me :smile:

11 down, 17 to go. I really can do this!!
  • You can! :drinker:
  • Alsison
    June 26th, 2014

Today is day 15 which means I am officially half way through mt chemo/radiation treatment period. The side effects are showing but manageable and the pain is definitely subsiding.. I even managed to get a workout in yesterday :wink:

Breathe in.. Breathe out

Alison
  • I am so stinkin' proud of you. This will be in the rear view mirror before you know it!
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    How is this week going Alison? Thinking of you...:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Alsison
    July 5th, 2014

20 treatments down, 8 to go..

Things are going well, the pain has subsided and I am completely off the pain killers. I met with my Surgeon last week and he figures that surgery will be mid-September. They won't know until they get inside me whether or not the coloscomy will be permenant or not and what I will need in the way of chemo afterwards but for know I am staying positive :smile:

Breathe in.. Breathe out
  • Hi Alison, hang in there sweetheart. You're doing great. What is it they say? Expect the worst but hope for the best. One step at a time, girl.

{{{{hugs}}}}
  • Alsison
    July 11th, 2014

Another week gone and now I have only 3 treatments left... :wink:

I am so excited to start the next phase which is to concentrate on getting as healthy as possible before my surgery date. Since I am off work my plan is to take advantage of the free time and replace the daily treatments with daily trips to the gym and/or hot yoga.

Breathe in.. Breathe out

Hugs,

Alison