Options
tnjackso1
tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
who drinks them???

Replies

• 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love them! You kinda have to play around with the ingredients to determine what you like (i.e. Spinach or Kale). When I stick with them for breakfast I actually begin to see the scale move in the right direction (down instead of up).
  • buzzardsrule
    buzzardsrule Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I also love them. I usually make them with celery, cucumber, spinach, kale, a frozen banana and fresh ginger root in mine. The base is a small amount of sugar free fruit juice.
  • Msvettie
    Msvettie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love green smoothies! I bought myself a Nutribullet for a present and I love it! I usually use mostly kale and 1/4 cup fruit. However, for taste purposes, I use almond milk. (I couldn't work with just water....)
  • dekadai
    dekadai Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Love them :) I love baby spinach, kale, cucumbers, broccoli. You name it, if it's green, I've at least tried it once in a smoothie. Usually add some fruit, almond milk or kefir and soy/rice protein to make it taste better.
  • vmckinzey
    vmckinzey Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love them, but have moved from daily to a few times a weeks. I rotate the greens I use in them between spinach (my favorite), kale & collards. Then I add various fruits and water or almond milk depending on which I'm making.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I love them. I use spinach or kale. my favorite is
    4oz chocolate almond milk
    4oz unsweetened almond milk
    84g frozen strawberries
    84g frozen bananas
    3 mint leaves.
    56g spinach or kale.

I blend it in my nutribullet and yum ola.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I LOVE green smoothies and drink them several times each week.

My basic recipe:
    1.5 cup liquid (green tea, almond milk, or water)
    2 cups (or two handfuls) of greens (spinach, kale, etc)
    1 to 1.5 cups fruit
    1 Tbsp chia seed
    1 Tbsp flax seed
    1 scoop protein powder OR 1/2 avocado

Sometimes I'll swap out 1/2 cup of liquid and use 1/2 cup homemade yogurt or cottage cheese instead.

I buy fresh fruit on sale, chop it up, and put 1/2 cup portions into snack size sandwich baggies. Those go into a larger freezer bag and stored in the freezer. This makes it easy to mix and match quickly in the mornings, depending on what flavors I feel like that morning. :happy:
  • ForeverChanged2
    ForeverChanged2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Love them. My favorite is green tea ,spinach , apple ,pear ,banana. Make a yummy smoothie.