Check in Father's Day!

Options
julieworley376
julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
Happy Father's Day to all Dads.

We are taking the furry kids out and we are going to my eldest stepsons for a cook out lunch. What's everyone doing?

Replies

• PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Off to the races!
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Food I am not allowed to mention here as it is his favourite, going to see FIL later but that is about it.
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Whoops, I guess we have two check in threads today!

Happy father's day! Julie, enjoy your family time. Pat, WOW, I am so excited for you! Details later, Please!!!

I lost my wonderful dad five years ago, Jim and I don't have kids, and he has no relationship with his very dysfunctional dad, so today is just a Sunday. But, it's a glorious Sunday, sunny and warm.

Jim is riding north to look at a hot tub that we don't need. It's a fixer-upper, small one, for $200. I told him if the money fell "from the sky," then maybe. Well last night, my long lost friend handed me $200. I'd loaned her money ages ago and forgotten, honestly, so when I came home and told Jim, he just started laughing. We really should spend that on practical things or bills, but... it fell from the sky. We are always so stressed about money, so lately we're practicing sending messages of abundance into the world: instead of focusing on what we don't have, focusing on what we do have and being generous in giving it away when we can. It feels good, and apparently the universe is happy to reciprocate.

Karen
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    That is awesome Karen. I wonder if that hot tub will help with your b stills pain?

Off to get stuff that shall not be mentioned for the kiddo and daddy to enjoy on what has been declared their day. More swimming and house stuff. I already gave my hubby his present. Hubba hubba.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    I already gave my hubby his present. Hubba hubba.

Bwahahahahaaa!!! You crack me up!!!
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Just got back from the Father's Day Sprint Run. I walked the 5K, he ran the 10K. The times haven't been posted but I believe I had my best pace yet. At the two mile mark we were doing 15min/mile. It was a very nice walk and I feel great. Now off to lunch because I could murder a small animal.
  • blondageh
    Options
    Awesome! Very proud of you. Next year, you two just might be running together!
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    omg Heather you crack me up!

Wtg Rat! Walk..run...it's still a 5K! Great job!

Karen, thank heavens you didn't say "well if the hot tub falls from the sky"! That might have hurt! Enjoy it and hope it helps your aches and pains.

Julie and Tish have fun!

We went to FIL's and then mini golfing and then my dad's and then lunch and then ice cream (of which I did not partake!) and then home to SWIM!!! It felt so good to get back in the pool! I spent 45 mins treading water at a pretty good pace while the kids played. Then I spent some time just playing with them too. Thank god for heated pools though or I would not have been in today! I think I am going to turn it up just a bit more too! Less of a shock getting in! lol

Hope everyone had a great day!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Diana, you did it!!! Yay!!!! I knew you had it in you, honey. We are cooking with gas now!

No hot tub falling from the sky today. Jim said it had a lot of cracks in the fiberglass, too many to patch up. Ah well... maybe another one will turn up. He can fix anything mechanical, so we don't need one with a working pump, but the bed has to be sound.

Time for me to cook up some supper--steak tips and brussel sprouts. Both are a bargain, calorie wise. If I'm ambitious, I'll saute some onions too.

Today I pulled a bunch of storage bags out of the closet (those vacuum seal bags) to look for swimsuits, and I found a bunch of suits that are just a bit too small for me, and some others that are quite small, and lots of clothes that I haven't been able to wear for a couple of years. As I'm looking, I'm getting really, really excited about fitting into them again this summer. They're like old friends, you know? That cute pink top or that adorable sundress with the beads on the bodice.... I'm not a fashion plate by any means, but I like to dress up now and then, and I've been wearing nothing but black stretch pants and baggy shirts for two years. UGH.

K.
  • Macrelmar
    Macrelmar Posts: 49
    Options
    Sorry for starting the "June 15th" thread today. Didn't realize this "father's day" was one in the same.

My dad's home, but in Hospice care as of a month or so ago. He's been sick for a long time but is declining on a more rapid scale now. Father's day was sad knowing there probably won't be another one with him, but I'm grateful for the time I had with him today.

Tonight I went out to eat with the hubby. We are both tired and we went to a restaurant that specializes in stuff/crap. lol So, I ate ribs, fries, and some fried shrimp. Bad unhealthy stuff but, on the positive side, I did NOT eat it all. I was able to put my fork down and leave some of each item on my plate.

basically, I stuffed my emotions with food like I used to. It didn't feel good but getting it out of my head helps. thanks for letting me share.
  • blondageh
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your Dad, hun. I am glad you got to spend some time with him today though. Karen, the absolute best part about losing weight is going shopping in your own closet and finding stuff that fits again! Ok, may not THE best. But it's pretty dang high up there!

So after my quitting bread is easy bragfest earlier, I made homemade garlic bread for the hubs to go with the spaghetti dinner for him. What do I do? Take a bite off the end! Bad Heather! Omg, it was the best i ever made tho. I was smart tho and only made half a loaf and froze the rest so I wouldn't be tempted to go after it tonight.

Lesson learned, don't go bragging about how easy it is to give up bread and then go make a loaf. Dummy!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Oh, yeah, Heather, after you talked about eating bread, all I could think about was how much I wanted toast. I found a good bread though, country kitchen light multigrain, only 40 calories per slice.

Mac, sorry to hear about your dad and eating those emotions. We're all works in progress, trying to address these self destructive behaviors. Talking about them and letting go of the shame was a huge step for me too.

No worries on the double check in thread... I liked having an extra place to post. Then I could ramble on in two places and not feel like I was overwhelming everyone, LOL.

So it's evening chore time, then early bedtime, then apparently clear liquids only day tomorrow, for the colonoscopy prep, which I suppose will be a great jumpstart on my 15 pounds. I bet you are all JEALOUS!

In completely unrelated news, I finally saw Silver Linings Playbook last night. LOVED IT!!! OMG, that dance at the end was sooo bad and funny!!! Just adorable.

Karen in Maine
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Mac, sorry to hear about your dad. Hugs!

Karen sorry the hot tub didn't work out but hey, you still have an extra $200 in your pocket now!!

Heather, omg, garlic bread is one of the only breads out there that I cannot resist. I'm not a huge bread person, but put garlic bread in front of me and someone might lose a hand if they are trying to reach a piece I want! Good for you for freezing the rest!

I am such a happy happy girl right now. Not only did I go swimming today, but I had lobster for dinner!! 2 of them!! I'm the only one in the family that likes lobster so they were alllll mine! Other than my kids staring at me and asking "what's that green stuff? Do those pointy things hurt? OMG are those his eyes?", it was a magnificent dinner!

Going to go put the kids to bed. They have one last half day of school tomorrow and then summer break. Then the craziness really begins!!

Night all! HUGS!

I keep forgetting to sign my posts! Sorry

Diana in Maine
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hey there, checking in a bit late. We had a Father's Day picnic at my mom's house for my dad, step-dad, and grandfather. Low key, just picnic foods and presents. I spent most of the day in the pool or laying poolside...I probably look like a lobster myself...but the day was gorgeous and I just couldn't stop!!!

For was so-so...started out with great resolve, but weakened throughout the day...swimming & sun exposure works up quite an appetite!!! All in all I did okay...probably ate around what my maintenance calories would be at this weight...HA, like anyone would want to maintain this weight!

I was down 2lbs when I peeked at the scale this morning...hopefully I can maintain that for Tuesday if I am really good tomorrow!

Tonight is the season finale of Game of Thrones so that is exciting...then it's off to bed to avoid any temptation to eat. Maybe I'll have some water and some hot tea to make my tummy happy.

Angie
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Karen, the absolute best part about losing weight is going shopping in your own closet and finding stuff that fits again! Ok, may not THE best. But it's pretty dang high up there!

Totally agree with shopping in you own closet...I did that this weekend, looking for clothes to take on vacation when I go home....I hit the jackpot and found several things that fit me now. A couple are still a bit small....but I am in this to win it and expect to get into those items at the end of my 100 day challenge!!!

Hope you all had a great Sunday!!
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Tonight is the season finale of Game of Thrones so that is exciting...then it's off to bed to avoid any temptation to eat. Maybe I'll have some water and some hot tea to make my tummy happy.

Angie

Oh I can't wait to download the episode tonight (can't afford HBO but will buy the season when it's done, so they will get their money). I hope this is the night you know who finely gets to kill his father... hope that wasn't a spoiler for anyone.
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    So here are the times form the 5k. My father was running the10K, hoping it would be his best time of the year, but had hip problems so ended up walking the last mile with the family. Our average pace was 17:07, not my fastest but for 2 miles we were doing 16:43Min/Mile, so I was happy with that. Don;t get excited by the placement, their were only 25 in my age group so I placed near last, but then they are all skinny running.

Start Time
    End Time
    Total Time
    Av Pace - Age - Placement in Age Group
    08:25:02.0
    09:18:07.1
    00:53:05.1
    17:07
    24th Male 19 to 29

Went out for lunch. Lets just say I enjoyed what i ate, how can you not when you have a starter that includes fired pickles (which I skipped) garlic fires, and hot wings (wich I had a little bit of each). Add to that a delicious burger (thank heaven for bacon). No regrets, I enjoyed every bit even at 1,584 Cal. But I also burned 1,185Cal today.

Went home and spent a couple hours getting the bikes ready. Installing new seats, lights and locks. Then I put on my spandex and my neon yellow safety vest (nothing sexier then a 295pound man in a safety vest), dawned my helmet and hoped on a bike for the first time in 10 years. Then hoped off about 15min later exhausted with the legs yelling at me.

Second goal down. Back on the bike.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Rat!!!!

What an amazing day for you! I am soooooo pleased and excited!!! And yes, spandex and a neon yellow safety jacket sounds HOT, LOL !