Upcoming Competitions

Options
JamMarie1987
JamMarie1987 Posts: 17 Member
So guys, who has upcoming competitions? What discipline do you ride in and how excited are you? :)

I have a two day dressage comp next weekend and I'm excited and so very nervous all at the same time!

Replies

• Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you!

I don't compete, makes life much easier ;)
  • norrishbex
    norrishbex Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good luck at your dressage comp :)

I've got a dressage comp coming up start of August, I'm hoping it goes better than the one I went to yesterday!

Was freezing cold and dark when I loaded up to go the comp, get to the show grounds, unload, plait her up (they were perfect too) and then discover her off fore was hot. So I had to withdraw. So upset about it. That's horses though.
  • JamMarie1987
    JamMarie1987 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Is your girl ok now? What was it?

I have a friend who had to scratch from this same competition because the horse she was going to ride pulled his hoof off and had to be put down :( Just unlucky, thankfully she's got another horse that is going to take his place at the comp. So she's a little happier about that. Still pretty sore about the other though.
  • norrishbex
    norrishbex Posts: 35 Member
    Options

I have a friend who had to scratch from this same competition because the horse she was going to ride pulled his hoof off and had to be put down :( Just unlucky, thankfully she's got another horse that is going to take his place at the comp. So she's a little happier about that. Still pretty sore about the other though.

Wow, that's really sad about your friend! Not a pleasant sounding thing at all.

My girl is all good now, I think she got a slight sprain when I jumped her the day before. I've not been real happy with the surface of the arena for a while now, it is quite uneven and really deep in places. I think that jumping on it was just too much stress on her skinny little TB legs. As I board my horses, we are now moving to a property with a beautiful arena :)

How did your comp go?
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Competed yesterday! We won 3 of our under saddle classes, came in second in the other 3. My mare wouldnt jump anything though! She jumped in the warmup, so I decided to push it, even though we have been having MAJOR issues jumping and I knew I shouldnt becaudse my trainer wasnt there but there I went...deciding I could enter a cross rail class, which she can walk over, backwards, on three legs... and i couldnt get her over a single one. Her eyes were bulging out of her head and she reared up in front of one when she stoped and i smacker her and we almost flipped over because I was an idiot and pulled...so....sigh...I think Im just done jumping her :-(. Anyway - could have gone worse - we lived and came home champion in the flat division! Sigh...uhg, maybe i just have to trun to dressage :-(

And OMG how does a horse pull a hoof off!?! That sounds horrendous! I don't think i could get over seeing something like that... I have anxiery every time i ship that Im either going to lose the trailer of the floor or shes going to fall or the backs going to open up or something aweful is going to happen!!
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options

That's awful!

We don't show in the summertime in Florida. Too Hot. I am hoping to get into a green horse or walk/trot class with Scout once the show season starts in the fall. Hoping to be slim enough to fit into my breeches by then.
  • foxyninja398
    foxyninja398 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your wins MissMissle!

We've had two shows so far this year (we show the AMHR circuit aka Miniature horses), mostly driving but some halter and oddball classes like liberty and versatility. Both shows went really well so far considering 5 out of 7 of the horses on our show string are newbies (so dealing with temper tantrums AND anxiety until they get settled). Besides regular class placings we have gotten 6 Overall Grand Championships (halter and driving), 7 Overall Reserve Grand Championships (halter and driving), 4 age division grands (halter), and 2 age division reserve grands (halter).

We have two more regular season shows coming up on July 19-20 and August 9-10. Then our grand finale of the year is Sept. 4-15 and is our National Championship Show.

Good luck to everyone else going to shows this year!