Im back!

Options
Just wanted to say to all my fellow VSGrs, I've been out camping with my boys for 4 days and another at a friends wedding...all at a location without cell service or gasp...internet. It was a much needed break from my daily life but boy I sure missed you guys. I have to say without logging my food I felt a bit naked in the temptation battle...but I did resist wedding cake although I did have a cracker and a couple of drinks at the wedding. Yes to all those who wonder my tolerance levels with alcohol have lowered greatly. I spread the drinks over 6 hrs and still did not feel comfortable driving ...hello cheap date lol. Well its been a month and a half now and I am really starting to feel the difference physically, so much more fun when your not carrying the weight around...looking forward to to even more fun when I get to goal. Some people have lost more, some less but I am somewhere around 55 lbs smaller since starting my journey and boy does it feel great...Ill know for sure tomorrow. I am hoping to dip, slide and shimmy below the 300 lb mark for the first time in about 3 yrs.we will see what the trip did to me. So looking forward to logging tomorrow and to each one of you find your happy!
Cheers
AD

Replies

• relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Great to hear you are already experiencing milestones in your early post surgery life. The sky is the limit. Looking forward to following your posts. Good luck with the weigh in. :smile:
  • trinoc
    trinoc Posts: 73
    Options
    Sounds like a great time! Good luck w/ the weigh in!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Great to hear about your trip. My wife keeps threatening to make me camp. I might keep the CPAP just as a defense against camping!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great time! My husband also refers to me as a cheap date now. Can't eat much and one drink and I'm done! :laugh:
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I just bet the boys and you had a ball camping. Congratulations for resisting the wedding cake. Losing 50 lbs is nothing to sneeze it. For when you had your surgery I think you're doing remarkable.
  • Ujj7
    Ujj7 Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm camping next week, any tips on food while camping?
  • AdrenilineDad
    Options
    I'm camping next week, any tips on food while camping?

I brought my premier protien shakes and some cottage cheese for breakfast and lunch and then had either fresh grilled fish or a piece of whatever protien I made the boys for dinner. Im still not really hungry so still eating to get my protien in. Beef jerky makes a nice snack. Have fun camping!