Jeans! Pants!

Options
bully_lady
bully_lady Posts: 40 Member
Good Morning All!

The more I do CF the tighter the calves and thighs of my jeans are! I am at a point now where I am wearing my 1 pair of stretchy black slacks too much because of the room in the legs. I like wearing my jeans tight in the rump - after all, I've worked hard for it! However, I am playing at aerobics to fit my thighs, which eventually relax after a bit to being comfortable, but the calve section is too tight!

Anybody have any ideas? I am a bit frugal, so I won't go about buying a ton of clothes to figure this out...and don't want to be banished to stretch LOL. I work in an environment where I usually wear jeans to work, with a nice top.

Possibly a wandering topic, but not sure where else to ask?

Replies

• valeriefit14
    valeriefit14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Unfortunately that only thing that works for me is trying on 120 pairs before finding the right one.
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! I've determined I will never be able to wear capris again. I've been wearing a lot of dresses lately since I'm too lazy to shop for pants. My issue with finding pants & jeans is more so length (I'm 6-foot tall) but the thighs are becoming an issue, too!
  • itsagr8daytolift
    itsagr8daytolift Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I'm having to purchase jeans that will accommodate my quads, and then have the waist altered...sigh. Same issue with shorts-I've got a huge gap around my waist but they cover my legs perfectly. I'm starting to wear a lot more dresses/skirts now because it's been sort of frustrating to shop for a pair of jeans without having to alter them.
  • JennEason1
    JennEason1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A lot of brands have a "boyfriend" cut. I find that those fit me better but still fit me in the waist! I have a thin waist but it's hard to find something that fits legs. typically if it fits my waist it's too tight on the legs but the boyfriend cuts fit me perfectly.
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    Going forward, this company is a big deal for making semi stretchy jeans aimed at fitting atheletic bodies.

I'd try them.

http://barbellapparel.com/
  • ashlando
    ashlando Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. All my pants/shorts are tight in the thighs and loose in the waist and butt.

#crossfitproblems
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I love this! I was so frustrated that all my jeans are tight on my thighs but are too loose on my bum and hips, had to go out and buy a belt yesterday. I'll have to try on a million different pairs to find a good fit. Its not the worst problem in the world I guess haha
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Going forward, this company is a big deal for making semi stretchy jeans aimed at fitting atheletic bodies.

I'd try them.

http://barbellapparel.com/

Awesome link!
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I wear leggings with dresses or tunics all the time. Jeans never fit me right :(
  • bully_lady
    Options
    Thanks for all of the feedback. I looked at that link...I'm going to have to wait for a picture of the women's bootcut before I decide - thanks again!

I may just have to find some more stretchy slacks LOL! I do wear some skirts, but feel like pants are a better option...I work at a company that manufactures heavy equipment and the atmosphere seems to be more suited for pants :-)

I think I'm going to poke around at the Goodwill at lunch; this is a high priced neighborhood where I work and their GW is amazing!!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Another option

http://explore.levi.com/news/style/complex-video/

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/top-lists/5-great-stores-for-bespoke-or-customized-denim/

New York based but they might take an order over the phone if they could get your measurements.
  • bully_lady
    Options
    Thanks!

I finally went to Old Navy yesterday and played around with the styles. Sweetheart cut, a size bigger than I need - and I am one comfortable girl! They are not as fitting as I'd like, but whatever - I need the circulation in my legs more I guess, darnit :-)
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Huge fan of the sweetheart cut at old navy. I can even manage the skinny variety so i can tuck into some boots(whole other story on finding boots that fit the calves).

Also have had good luck lately with the GAP 1969 curvy's, slightly better material than the old navy ones and I seem to be able to get them in a closer to my size deal.

Good luck.
  • SMKean90
    SMKean90 Posts: 55
    Options
    i overheard someone at CF class yesterday talking about cocabang jeans..?
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I have three pair of new jeans in my closet that I haven't been able to wear because they can't pass my calves, and I have been so bummed about it, because I felt I wasn't losing any weight.....but now it seems my calves have just gotten bigger based on what you lovely ladies have been saying....That takes a load off....Guess I will give them away, because I ain't quitting crossfit and they are after all skinny jeans, but I guess just a bit too skinny for these calves

Hope you all find the jeans you are looking for....Currently I am in a shorts phase, which I haven't worn in years, but thanks to crossfit I wore my first pairs a few weeks ago, and I loved how my legs looked....which just as I typed it made me realize I must have been losing weight....hmmmmm

So until summer ends, it will be shorts galore only!!!!!!!
  • bully_lady
    Options
    Great suggestion on the Gap jeans to try thanks! Especially interested since you like the same style at Old Navy.

Thanks all!!
  • bully_lady
    Options
    I googled the cocabang jeans, great reviews but also $190... Wowza!
  • Petrusilly
    Petrusilly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be great... if jeans that lasted and fit... didn't cost a fortune? I second the Goodwill/Plato's Closet/Buffalo Exchange route... that way you can try on a plethora of styles and sizes from all different companies to get an idea of what you like... even if you end up buying them new eventually anyhow.

I've had some success with Lucky stretchy jeans... but eventually I wore them to death.
  • gweneddk
    gweneddk Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I like American Eagle/AE straight cut jeans. They fit similar to a skinny jean, but with more room in the calves. I bought mine at an outlet for ~$25 and they are the jeans I always reach for first! They are also a mid-rise, which is more comfortable for me to wear to work than lower-rise "trendy" jeans. You may need to size down.

ETA: I also like White House Black Market Ponte pants, also bought at an outlet b/c there's no way I'd pay retail! But they are stretchy and make my legs look fabulous.