Engagement Photo's

Options
When do you think you should get engagement photo's taken and/or do you think they are necessary? I wanted to be under 200 for my engagement photo's but that isn't happening as fast as I want so i am curious if anyone else has pushed off engagement photo's until last minute to look their best?

Replies

• Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I haven't decided if I am getting engagement photos. I hate pictures of myself and it will be hard enough to get to the point that I feel comfortable by the wedding (Feb). I think engagement photos are usually best utilized for save the date cards and your website. Those are usually sent 4-6 months before the wedding. But you can do those without a photo attached. So I don't think they are a necessity, only if you want them for those things or just to have a keepsake of pictures with your intended. I know my fiancé and I don't have hardly any pictures together which would be nice to have but we will have a slew at the wedding. Still not sure if we will do them as I'm not ready to take pictures in a couple months. (You have to plan on the turnaround time to actually get the pictures, too before you need to send.
  • natashaperrotta
    Options
    Thanks! I actually didn't think about turnaround time...