veggie friends

Options
Hi! I'm looking for vegetarian/vegan friends to help along this journey. I've been a vegetarian for over 16 years and I love it but it can difficult to lose weight, especially when eating out. A girl can only have so many salads before going crazy. I've done it before but not by the healthiest of standards so I'm looking for help and people in the same boat. (Fyi, my vegetarianism doesn't include chicken, turkey, fish etc. To me, it doesn't but I know some people that do so clarifying now) Feel free to add me if you're in a similar position.

Replies

• mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I don't eat any type of meat, eggs, or cow's milk. I am pregnant so I am a little more lenient with my calories and foods but do try to eat nutritious meals most of the time.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Life long veggie here too..never even tasted meat or fish..and I avoid eggs too. please feel free to add me.
  • Frobie
    Frobie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Me too!

I have been a vegetarian for around 3 years and have chosen this path because of ethical considerations. I eat no animal flesh (including seafood! contrary to what my mom thinks, fish ARE animals! lol).

Losing weight as a vegetarian is difficult because we often are already eating "good stuff" but I've found that portion control is the biggest problem.

Anyway I have quite a bit to lose but have broken it into smaller chunks so it doesn't feel quite so daunting! Working on my first (of many) 20lb segments.

Having vegetarian friends on MFP will be excellent! People who know what it's like to live this lifestyle and people who might even have meal ideas are a welcome change!
  • ayyagarim
    ayyagarim Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a life-long vegetarian
  • eringrace10
    eringrace10 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add, veggie of 4 year, and I've also started eating as clean as possible. Any one can add :) xxx
  • jmbond06
    jmbond06 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Newly vegetarian. 26 years old and I'm looking for more vegetarian friends to help with ideas of what to eat. I grew up in a meat and potatoes family so the idea of a meal without meat is very foreign. I feel like it's so easy to be a carbaholic and just eat pasta and rice for every meal.
  • VeggieGal777
    VeggieGal777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey, Feel free to add me! I like others here have never eaten meat!
  • rock127
    rock127 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Veggie here.
  • pink00007
    pink00007 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Veggie for over ten years.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    vegan here!
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm another veggie looking for friends. You can add me
  • pink00007
    pink00007 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Veggie here also. Feel free to add me anyone looking for veg friends.
    Been vegetarian for over ten years. But not always a healthy one.