Too funny!

Options
Thaeda
Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
I have this long patterned skirt that I just LOVE-- it is gorgeous and is one of my faves.... the only issue is it is about 2 sizes too big, but it has elastic at the waist, so I figured I could manage. I went to Starbucks this morning, got my coffee and as I am walking to my car (in front of all of the people in the drive through) I feel my skirt slowly sliding down...... OMG. I caught it just before it fell. That would have been SUPER embarrassing!! So, clothes that are too big is kind of a fun problem to have... unless you about lose your skirt in front of the whole world!! LOL

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Oh that is too funny! If you really love the skirt, shorten or replace the elastic in the waitband and then you can wear it for awhile longer without fear of losing it. :tongue:
  • Thaeda
    Options
    Oh that is too funny! If you really love the skirt, shorten or replace the elastic in the waitband and then you can wear it for awhile longer without fear of losing it. :tongue:

"Losing it"--- you are funny!! I would follow your suggestion, but it is a "complicated" waistband, with multiple elastic bands and such-- I do not sew.... it is well beyond my capabilities, but I might take it to a professional, because I LOVE this skirt. :)
  • ckee1862
    ckee1862 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If its like a long maxi skirt pull it up and make it a dress!
  • Thaeda
    Options
    If its like a long maxi skirt pull it up and make it a dress!

I would, but it is too big to fit me up top. I will try taking it to a tailor to see if I can get it taken in. :)
  • ckee1862
    ckee1862 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You could always pin it on the sides with safety pins and wear a short sleeve cardigan. Clothes are way to expensive not to repurpose lol.
  • Thaeda
    Options
    You could always pin it on the sides with safety pins and wear a short sleeve cardigan. Clothes are way to expensive not to repurpose lol.

If I got desperate I could pin it, but I prefer to have it done professionally so it looks nice and not all bunched up where I pinned it. :) But you are right-- "repurposing" clothes is a necessity!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I knelt out of my pants at Mass! That's when I packed up all the size 20-21 pants and dropped them at Goodwill. Sure is easy to find great clothes at Goodwill when you are a size 8
  • Thaeda
    Options
    I knelt out of my pants at Mass! That's when I packed up all the size 20-21 pants and dropped them at Goodwill. Sure is easy to find great clothes at Goodwill when you are a size 8

"Knelt" out of your pants!! LOL That is great! I am still a size 18, so finding clothes at Goodwill is not as easy for me. I doubt I will ever get into single digits, but I would be very happy to be a 14!! :)
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Lost my undies the other day just the same way. I was walking and they slipped right off. Thank God no one was around.
  • Thaeda
    Options
    Lost my undies the other day just the same way. I was walking and they slipped right off. Thank God no one was around.

OH MY!!! Can you imagine if someone had seen? Very glad you were not in a crowd!!
  • GraceByMySide
    GraceByMySide Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, how about a nice pair of orange suspenders???? :laugh:
  • Thaeda
    Options
    Hmmmm, how about a nice pair of orange suspenders???? :laugh:

:laugh:
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Funny stories.

I've been so excited when clothes are too big that even when I love them I've packed them up. Although, I have a pair of jeans right now that fit me really well and were flattering to the figure when I finally fit into them that I am feeling sad for the first time about clothes that they are on the verge of being too big to wear. The funniest thing is that they probably aren't even flattering any more because they are so baggy, but I keep wearing them.

They are a well known brand, so I might have to see if I can find them in my current size ;)
  • Thaeda
    Options
    Funny stories.

I've been so excited when clothes are too big that even when I love them I've packed them up. Although, I have a pair of jeans right now that fit me really well and were flattering to the figure when I finally fit into them that I am feeling sad for the first time about clothes that they are on the verge of being too big to wear. The funniest thing is that they probably aren't even flattering any more because they are so baggy, but I keep wearing them.

They are a well known brand, so I might have to see if I can find them in my current size ;)

I feel you. Regardless of my size, I have always dressed well and I had some lovely items that are just way too big now. I had a friend suggest that I allow myself to grieve the loss. You know, that is something we rarely thinkabout, but there is a sadness side to "losing". The only context in which losing is considered positive is with regard to weight. In every other sense, "loss"= a time of sadness. It is ok to be sad about not being able to wear what you loved. Feel it, experience it, release it--- that is how we stay healthy. Peace to you. :)
  • williamsmom2010
    Options
    Love this and ohh so true for us post op!!! I had surgery Jan. 29, 2014 and between pre-op diet and current weight loss- I am down almost 100lbs. I cleaned out my closest this week while I was off and relized that my ENTIRE closest- all of my clothes-- the ones I even saved if I had lost enough weight I would fit back in them....and they are all in black bags ready for new homes! I have so many size 22 pants and capris and 2x tops that I still need to find homes for!

Such a great NSV to have our clothes falling off us now because before-- they fit just right or tight on my end!!!
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Love this and ohh so true for us post op!!! I had surgery Jan. 29, 2014 and between pre-op diet and current weight loss- I am down almost 100lbs. I cleaned out my closest this week while I was off and relized that my ENTIRE closest- all of my clothes-- the ones I even saved if I had lost enough weight I would fit back in them....and they are all in black bags ready for new homes! I have so many size 22 pants and capris and 2x tops that I still need to find homes for!

Such a great NSV to have our clothes falling off us now because before-- they fit just right or tight on my end!!!

Somewhere, there is a larger lady on a budget shopping at St. Vincent De Paul or Goodwill or Salvation Army who will bless you for those donations. So happy for your weight loss and your closet clean out.
  • lp1968
    lp1968 Posts: 8
    Options
    Let me give you my address!:laugh: I just had my sleeve done a week ago! Not quite at the falling off point yet! Can't wait

• Gardener0
    Gardener0 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me this week a skirt shimmying down my hips while I was conducting a training day in front of 20 people. I'd already taken it in but discovered I hadn't taken it in enough as I kept feeling it sliding downward. Wearing a slip underneath didn't help, either...Just made it easier for gravity to do what it does. Yikes!
  • Thaeda
    Options
    The same thing happened to me this week a skirt shimmying down my hips while I was conducting a training day in front of 20 people. I'd already taken it in but discovered I hadn't taken it in enough as I kept feeling it sliding downward. Wearing a slip underneath didn't help, either...Just made it easier for gravity to do what it does. Yikes!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: